Setting Multiple blocks (No Lag)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Squid_Boss, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Squid_Boss

In one of my plugins I'm working on, I have to change 80 blocks into another block, and it's causing a bit of lag. I have all of the 80 block locations set into another class, and in the main class I retrieve those locations and set them to gold blocks. Here is the exact code I am using:
    Code:java
    1. Blocks.block1.getBlock().setType(Material.GOLD_BLOCK);

Imagine this same thing 80 times. It lags quite a bit, so would anyone know of a faster way to set that many blocks? *Maybe storing the blocks in like a config, and getting the locations from the config?*

2. Offline

MiniDigger

That will delay the method even more :D. You could store all the Locations in a list and looping through the list and setting the block type. This will make your method a bit smaller but it will take the same time. I dont think you can make that faster.

3. Offline

Squid_Boss

4. Offline

MiniDigger

But they dont use the Bukkit API :D. If you dont use the api you have to take care of such ugly things like relection and obfuscated code. But gomeow said "There will a method in CB to do this soon hopefully" so that you can use tha api. Maybe he can say something about this :D

5. Offline

Squid_Boss

Well, after doing some testing I've concluded that setting 80 blocks wasn't the cause of lag, I have to look elsewhere in the code :p. I am always up for ways to shorten my code, though!

6. Offline

MiniDigger

7. Offline

Squid_Boss

Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.