Set resource pack when file is in the server?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by CaptainUniverse, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CaptainUniverse

I have a different resource pack per player in my plugin. I'm currently using the Player#setResourcePack method to set my players resource packs in my plugin but they have to download it off Dropbox and I'm running out of space. Is it possible to store the resource packs inside the server and if so how would I link them the pack?

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@CaptainUniverse
    All you need is a way of accessing those resources packs from a URL. This means that either you use dropbox or other file hosting sites or you create your own site that allows other users to download the file through a web address.

Why do you need a separate R.P for each player? If you're only modifying one or two textures between each R.P, you can force all players to download one texture pack that has all the textures that are the same, and then force each player to download another texture pack with the other textures that are different.

3. Offline

teej107

Yes. Just start a server in your plugin to listen to requests to download a resource pack. The URL would have to start with the server's IP address and make sure you don't have every file accessible from your server, just the resource packs.

4. Offline

CaptainUniverse

How would I go about doing that
    @teej107
    How would I make only the resource packs downloadable?

5. Offline

teej107

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.