Set a block on fire?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by petrifiednightmares, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How would I set a block on fire? I tried setting the block id of the block above it to 51 (fire) but that didnt work lol.

2. Offline

Plague

setFireTicks(ticks); where ticks is the duration, dunno the exact unit for that, check the docs.

3. Hmm, however, setFireTicks is a Entity method, and it wont let me cast block to an entity

4. Offline

Crash

Is it even possible to set the block on fire ? For instance you can't set rock on fire.
    What block type are you trying to set on fire.

5. Oh that might be the problem, I am trying to set cobblestone on fire. So yeah, cobblestone isn't flammable, but is it possible to start a temporary fire effect to the block? For instance, I am able to start a temporary flame by using flint and steel on cobblestone. It's ok if it doesn't last more than a couple seconds, that's all I intend.

6. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Change the block above it to fire. That should work, but you might need a way to keep it there, though.

8. Offline

DiddiZ

Since cobblestone isn't flammable.

10. Errm. You say it doesn't work to set the block above to fire? Actually, you can..What is your code?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.