Filled Server switcher portals

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by HVCFOG3Y34, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

HVCFOG3Y34

Suggested name: Server portal

What I want: I want a plugin where I can make something in my server, like a portal or pad, where it will switch you to another server, like a friends server? It could have a sign that you put the server IP like 0.0.0.0:25566 and when you use the portal it will take you to the specified server.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed but could have
    /SP shows you the version of the plugin
    /SPlist shows you all the server portals created

Ideas for permissions: Server.portal if set to true player can add server portals

When I'd like it by: ASAP

Dhondor likes this.
  2. Offline

Dhondor

I know someone that desperately wants that as well. Would be cool to see. Just showing my support ;) Good Luck but I still think its a client side thing and really cant be turned into a plugin...not sure

3. Offline

HVCFOG3Y34

I don't really care that much if there was a client mod that went with it. My friends would get it any ways. The big problem is for someone to keep it maintained. I don't know squat about coding so i can't help. And thanks for the support.

4. Offline

Dhondor

bungeecord maybe? i read it on a recent post...i have no idea what it is but seems to work.

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

HVCFOG3Y34 Did you read the "Read me first" post and the head possibility?

6. Offline

HVCFOG3Y34

I did read the "read me first"

I looked at bungeecord but i didn't like it because it wasn't a plugin. If its possible to have a plugin with a client mod i rather have that.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  7. Offline

Codisimus

people will not both to install the client mod when other servers don't require it.

8. Offline

RingOfStorms

Search for it, there are a few plugins that have plugin + mod. But I guarantee 99% of your players will never use it.

9. Offline

HVCFOG3Y34

my player will use it because the server i host is a private server for just my friends. Could you tell me the plugin + mod you are talking about?

10. Offline

Codisimus

I didn't think it was legal to distribute modded Minecraft jars... I may've misunderstood something though.

11. Offline

drtshock

It's even illegal to redistribute an unmodified version.

12. Transporter can do that.
    Either with client mod and no Bungee

Or

Without client mod but with Bungee

13. Offline

RingOfStorms

That's great, you illegally distribute the minecraft.jar. If you can't find it then tough luck, I won't be helping you.

14. Offline

HVCFOG3Y34

Thanks i didn't know that and ill look into that.

15. As long as your friends have purchased a Premium copy of Minecraft, then you aren't doing something that is going to get you into trouble. It is frowned upon (distributing the Minecraft.jar), however to your friends I wouldn't worry about it - it's not causing harm to Mojang.

16. Offline

Codisimus

17. This is getting off topic, and the OP has clearly stated he is sending it to his friend. I see your point, and he is technically breaking the T&C, however bringing it completely off topic because he is sending the jar to a friend is not required.

18. Offline

UltiFix

i agree with Imc even if its illegal we should not mainly focus on that..... focus on the plugin request

@Codisimus
    Also look at this
    read near the end.. of the first paragraph.... look here ill quote "Basically, mods (or plugins, or tools) are cool (you can distribute those), hacked versions of the Minecraft client or server are not (you can't distribute those)."
    see it says you can distrubute mods......
    What You Can Do

If you've bought the game, you may play around with it and modify it. We'd appreciate it if you didn't use this for griefing, though, and remember not to distribute the changed versions of our software. Basically, mods (or plugins, or tools) are cool (you can distribute those), hacked versions of the Minecraft client or server are not (you can't distribute those).
    Any tools you write for the game from scratch belongs to you. Other than commercial use (unless specifically authorized by us in our brand and assets usage guidelines - for instance you are allowed to put ads on your YouTube videos containing Minecraft footage), you're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game, but don't just rip art resources and pass them around, that's no fun. Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don't sell them for money. We reserve the final say regarding what constitutes a tool/plugin and what doesn't

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  19. Offline

Evilshallwin

You didn't even read the topic, did you? He's altering the minecraft.jar and giving his players that minecraft.jar, which is blatantly against Mojang's Terms of Use.

20. Offline

Codisimus

This is off topic so the last thing I am going to say is...
    minecraft.jar = Minecraft Client.

21. Offline

UltiFix

oh? i did read them i guess i misunderstood and now im getting offtoic myself :p sry

22. Offline

TnT

Locked. This request has been filled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.