Server Resource Pack

Discussion in 'General Help' started by killahkeezy, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

killahkeezy

Hi,

First of all let me explain a bit whats going on before anybody rushes into things ive already tried.
    So To be clear The Resource Pack im using works when i add it to my custom client "C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks".
    (so if i do that and try to test the resourcepack) works perfectly.

Second I know that if i want to host the Resourcepack on my server i need to host it somewhere..
    (well why not host it on my web server - already tried dropbox). so my server settings look like this.

resource-pack=http\://leagueofassassins.nl/Download/LOA_Killahkeezy.zip
    ( THE LINK LOOKS WEIRD COASE THATS WHAT HAPPENDS EVERYTHIME THE SERVER RESTARTS - GUESS ITS NORMAL). <- if u might think this is the problem. well i have already tried the dropbox link and yes my link is also a direct download just so were clear.

Now comes the fun part.

IF I LEAVE THIS BLANK: resource-pack-sha1=
    The Resourcepack downloads & automaticly changes the default textures. (NO PROBLEMO). <- BUT it kinda takes long to load and i already know shit about file size so no worries.

so this: resource-pack-sha1= <- Means if u put this in it would help the users to cache the resource pack. so the server wont have to check every single time wheter it needs to be updated (wish would make the resource pack load more smoothly). <- regarding Minecraft wiki. Now if i put that sha1 in there. it just downloads the pack and nothing happends. like stays on the default textures.. and when i open the resource pack from the options of minecraft it wont show. for some reason. (yes i deleted the sha1 file from the Resourcepack-server folder) so it could re download.

btw if u are wondering where i got my sha1 -> http://www.sha1-online.com/ put my DL link in and get the sha1. but like i said whenever i put my sha1 in there.. it downloads and it wont change the textures.
    While when leaving it blank it will change the textures but still takes a bit to load (wish could be fixed with the sha1 thing).

anybody???

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@killahkeezy
    First, your resourcepack is 42 MB. That is WAY too big. Try to keep it under 10 MB. (Even using a browser with a good internet connection, it still said it would take 2 min to download). Most likely, there are a ton of textures or sounds that you do not need.

Since it was so large, I did not continue the download, so I can fully say what you can get rid of. If you how default MC textures or sounds, you can remove them. If you have textures that are from another resourcepack, remove them from your resourcepack and ask players to download the other resourcepack. If your textures are larger than 32 pixels per block, shrink all them to at least 32 pixels.

Now, it could be that SHA1 is not supported by bukkit/MC-clients. I would recommend against using them for your resourcepacks.

3. Offline

oceantheskatr

@killahkeezy You could try hosting the file at a different site. It seems that a lot of the textures are high quality which results in a high file size. Using a different site that allows faster downloads would help immensely. If you had this resource pack on Dropbox, it would take me a literal 6 seconds to download. Most people have internet faster than 3/Mbps (375KBps) down which is about the speed the file downloaded at.

4. Offline

killahkeezy

I will consider both of your replies thankyou. Appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.