Server Resource Pack Help

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ericejs123, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ericejs123

Hi, I was not sure where to put this topic, I am currently making a plugin for my server and I need a resource pack to go along with it to enhance the plugin's experience. I am not sure if this is possible, but if it is, please let me know how to do this! I am wanting to make a multi-texture resource pack for ITEMS. Is this possible with different metadata like for a multi texture for an apple you would type something like /give <name> 260:2. the :2 being the metadata for the apple for a different texture.

2. Offline

Nebuler

Yup, that's possible, get your texture pack and upload it to a file sharing site, dropox, mediafire, MEGA etc.
    Get the sharing link (something.com/file/filename.zip?dl=0) now change this to something.com/file/filename.zip?dl=1 and pop said link in your server.PROPERTIES file. E.G: resource-pack=file.com/mytexturepack.zip?dl=1
    Please note that this will not force users to have this texture pack. In the 'add server' menu in minecraft, you can set server resource packs to disabled, prompt and enabled, to set whether or not the pack will be downloaded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.