Server randomly freezing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Bakuhatsu, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bakuhatsu

I've had this issue for quite a while now and I would imagine it's due to some plugin, I have not tested to temporary remove one or multiple at the same time due to that the freezes/crashes is very random. Sometimes it happens a few times per day and other times server run fine for 2 -3 days until it happen.

I wouldn't really call it freeze through as the jvm crash which also produce an hs_err file, but sadly I pretty much don't understand anything at all of them. And I don't think it's due to java itself because I have been running the server with the same setup quite long before any issues appeared.

So.. my guess is that it either being some plugin, cpu doesn't manage or hdd issue.

hs_err files:
    Show Spoiler

The "problematic frame" is in majority of cases "libjvm.so" which I would imagine is the library file for the jvm.

Plugins
    Show Spoiler
    FilterChat
    Heroicdeath
    Minequery
    WorldInventories
    Permissionsbukkit
    Spout
    Skylandsplus
    Multiplehomes
    Lockette
    ColorMe
    Multiverse-Core
    Nocheat
    RealTeleporter
    Loginmessage
    WorldBorder
    SpawnerAdjuster
    Worldedit
    Commandbook
    Vanishnopacket
    logblock
    Worldguard

Currently Bukkit build 1940

However, I've had an increased amount of players the latest period but I don't know how sensitive jvm is about hdd load or cpu load.

Specs and w/e info
    Show Spoiler
    12 gb ram where 3.5gb for a ramdisk + 5gb for mc itself.
    Amd phenom II x4 810 2.99ghz (it does reach 100% when about 25-30 players though)
    WD digital caviar blue 500gb

All worldfiles is located on the ramdisk and the only operations on the hdd is syncing between the ramdisk and hdd every hour as well with mysql working.

2. Offline

flamedaces

"Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again"
    I'm not sure where you type "ulimit -c unlimited", but that might be the solution.

3. Offline

Bakuhatsu

I don't really think so, I recon it say that in pretty much any hs_err file. Dunno

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.