Problem/Bug Server Not Working

Discussion in 'General Help' started by PhantoMHunter01, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PhantoMHunter01

Okay, so I'm having problems with my craftbukkit server, but here is some background. Due to the recent takedown of craftbukkit, there is no 1.8 version for users. Luckily for us, the people at Spigot have created a 1.8 download available. This is what I am am using. Onto the problem:
    My server is acting strangely, and keep in mind this is ONLY the bukkit version. The only way to connect to my server (on the server computer) is through my internal IP, and this only works on the server computer. Any other method, or any other computer, does not work. No matter what I do, nobody else can connect. I do have plugins installed, but this was an issue before I put in a single plugin into the folder. This would be a normal issue for me, if it wasn't for the fact that this is only an issue when I am running bukkit OR the included spigot version. If I run a vanilla minecraft server, everything is normal. I really want to know what is going on here and have searched for other threads with similar issues, but the solutions do not work. Any help/guesses on what may be wrong?

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

3. Offline

Boomer

only possible solution because of one application working and two other applications using the same system not working - Firewall settings

4. Offline

PhantoMHunter01

Thanks for the advice. I've been trying to manage this, but what should I allow? Should I allow the .bat file or the .jar file or can I enable it while running the app?

5. Offline

Boomer

probably allowing javaw , try allowing the .bat file as well, try them all...

6. Offline

PhantoMHunter01

Ok. Let me see...

That seems to have done it. Thanks!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  7. Offline

Boomer

excellent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.