Server Name Changer

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by iAust1n, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iAust1n

Before I get started, I wanted to say that this NickNamer Integrated plugin (that is more than a nicknamer plugin) is extremely similar to what I am requesting, but it's a bit buggy and there is a few additions that this plugin doesn't come with.

Basic Description:
    I need a plugin that allows me to basically switch my character to another character (that is not online of course) and act as them. By that I mean my name that is visible to any normal player on the server has been changed, as well as my skin. (Note: This obviously is only the name and/or skin. Not inventories and coordinates of known players logged off.)

Where Names Should Be Changed:
    • The Above Head Name
    • The Name in TAB player list
    • The Name Seen In the Server List (When hovering mouse over server ping bars)
    • The Join/Leave Messages
    • The Chat and /tell Messages
    • When a player presses TAB in chat to fill an empty space
    • All Achievement Messages (player earned ____ achievement!)
    • When a player is changing a player name, it shouldn't change the player's skin
      • A player skin should be changed optionally if a player uses a separate command!

Commands:
    This is the easy part I guess, these are the simple commands needed to activate the features.

KEY (IMPORTANT):
    • ActualPlayer = A Player online or that has joined previously who's name will be changed.
    • CustomName = The name that ActualPlayer will be changed to.
    • CustomSkinUsername = The skin of this player will be used. If no player of the username is found, the default Steve skin will be used instead.
    • perm = Permanent / name will not go back to default unless cleared.
    • temp = Temporary / name will return to default after the player leaves the server and joins back.
    COMMANDS:

player names:
    /truename changename <ActualPlayer> <CustomName> {perm/temp}

Changes a players default username to another custom name (permanent or temporary)
    /truename clearname <ActualPlayer/CustomName>
    Clears a players custom name and returns to their default Minecraft username
    /truename testname <CustomName>
    Checks a custom name to show their original Minecraft username and their tied UUID

custom skins:
    /truename changeskin <ActualPlayer> <CustomSkinUsername> {perm/temp}

Changes a players default skin to another players skin (permanent or temporary)
    /truename clearskin <ActualName/CustomName>
    Clears a players non-default skin and returns to their default Minecraft skin
    /truename testskin <ActualPlayer/CustomName>
    Checks a player to show if or what custom skin they are using (or if they're not).

Permissions:

- OP grants all permissions, of course

- truename.name.change.self // allows changing of your own custom name.
    - truename.name.change.others // allows changing of other players custom names.
    - truename.name.clear.self // allows clearing your own custom name.
    - truename.name.clear.others // allows clearing of other players custom names.
    - truename.name.test.others // allows checking your own custom name.
    - truename.name.test.others // allows checking other players who have custom names.
    - truename.skin.change.self // allows changing of your own skin.
    - truename.skin.change.others // allows changing of other players skins.
    - truename.skin.clear.self // allows clearing your own chosen skin.
    - truename.skin.clear.others // allows clearing of other players chosen skins.
    - truename.skin.test.self // allows checking your own custom skin.
    - truename.skin.test.others // allows checking other players custom skins.

More Stuff:

Name of Plugin: Preferably "TrueName"
    When is it Needed?: If possible, sometime before March 25th (about a month).

If there is anything else needed, just let me know. Don't worry about the small things, and I hope I gave you all the right information! Thanks a ton! :)

2. Offline

Corndogoz

correct me if im wrong, but i thought theirs some disguise plugins which allow you todo this?

3. Offline

iAust1n

Well there are but they don't go to the extent this one will. The only plugin I have found that does, it listed above (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/1-7-1-8-nicknamer-integrated-api.5341/) however, it doesn't change the name exactly everywhere. (ex. mainly, when you hover over the ping bars on a server list. etc.) and it is probably one of the buggiest plugins I have ever used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.