server help :(

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Mohammad, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mohammad

Ok basically I'm hosting a server with this code in a .bat file
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -jar minecraft_server.jar 
    and I also tried hosting a server with bukkit with this code in a .bat file
    Code:
    @echo off
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    pause
    When I start any minecraft server with a .bat file no one can join my server.

Any help is highly appreciated.
    --- merged: Feb 23, 2011 7:17 PM ---
    Im on windows 7 BTW 64 bit

2. Offline

TnT

Your ports on your router aren't open. Get them forwarded and you should be fine.

3. Offline

Mohammad

They are open I can host servers normally but not with .bat files
    I also checked with port forward checking tool
    --- merged: Feb 23, 2011 7:29 PM ---
    I have teamviewer as well if anyone can help via that
    --- merged: Feb 23, 2011 7:42 PM ---
    But sorry for not saying I had forwarded the port :(

4. Offline

TnT

A very simple test is to do a telnet to the port. So for you, I'd just do a telnet <ip> 25565 in the command prompt.

Do you get any messages at all on your server console when someone tries to connect?

5. Offline

Yackob94

I am having the same issue, my servers were working before now this update has come out nothing works :/

6. Offline

TnT

If it was a bug in the builds, it likely wouldn't have made it past the devs. Even if it did, the forums would be flooded with these posts (as they were flooded when 1.3 came out).

You need to check your port forwarding. Either your port isn't forwarded on your router (or firewall) or the address you forwarded the ports to has changed.

7. Offline

Mohammad

I port forwarded hosted 4 more servers to check which all work but I cant host a server with a .bat file....
    I dont get any message when someone joins.....

8. Offline

TnT

No messages means the person isn't getting through to your server. You would see a message of some sort if they were making a connection to the server, but couldn't get logged in.

9. Offline

Mohammad

Hey now that 1.3_1 is out will bukkit for 1.3 still work?

10. Offline

TnT

Yes

11. Offline

Mohammad

Do you have teamviewer to help me if you do it would be great if you could help :)
    --- merged: Feb 23, 2011 10:02 PM ---
    anyone else got this problem?

12. Offline

Yackob94

I have re done all my ports and still nothing. Its very bizzare... I genuinely dont think its exclusive to bukkit, I think its the 1.3 update.

13. Offline

TnT

If you are Windows users, please double check your Windows firewall.

14. Offline

Mohammad

nope firewall isnt blocking java or minecraft.....
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 2:16 AM ---
    Thanks for all the help tnt I got my server working :)

15. Offline

TnT

Don't keep us in suspense man, what was it? If someone else comes across this thread, they'll like to know what you did.

16. Offline

Mohammad

Sorry about that I forgot:
    My firewall was blocking another part of java which I had not checked and the craftbukkit thing was corupted..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.