Server Crashing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Red_Jay, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Red_Jay

All of today my server has been constantly crashing and I can't seem to fix the problem. After I restart the server, it will run fine until a certain player will join causing chunk errors. (See The Console Error Pastes Below) I'm not sure if the chunks are corrupted or what is wrong, but I really need help.

I am using Craft Bukkit 1.6.4

Start Up Sequence From Console:
    http://pastebin.com/yV4HPpYX

This is the latest Error Message:

http://pastebin.com/qAnqqTZR

Here are some of the console errors:

http://pastebin.com/adTfnHQJ

http://pastebin.com/5K74Xe7P

http://pastebin.com/wMXBywHX

Please help! I need to fix the chunks or whatever is wrong without resetting the map.

List Of Plugins

AutoAnnouncer Global announcements every few minutes. Release
    boosCooldowns Shortcuts Release
    ClearLag Clear your lagg! Release
    ColouredMotd change the Motd with colours! Release
    CombatTagInstakill Release
    CustomServerMessages CustomServerMessages allow you to redefine the Standart Bukkit/M... Inactive
    Enjin Minecraft Plugin A plugin which allows the enjin servers to communicate with your... Release
    floAuction Auction plugin for economies. Release
    FoldagersOreNotifier Release
    GAListener Execute Commands on Votifier Notfications Release
    HealthBar Release
    killStats Statistics for each players kills/deaths. Release
    NoCheatPlus Detect and fight the exploitation of various flaws/bugs in Minec... Release
    NoCraft A plugin that block diamond armor creation Release
    ObsidianDestroyer Release
    PvPTimer Prevent new users from being PvPed to death at the start! Release
    SilkSpawners pick up and move monster spawners using silk touch Release
    SpamGuard Custom chat monitoring and spam protection Inactive
    Vault Vault is a Permissions & Economy API to allow plugins to more ea... Mature
    Votifier A plugin that gets notified when votes are made for the server o... Release

2. Offline

MaliciousMan

Post a list of all the plugins you use.

3. Offline

Red_Jay

I did in my second post.... Right above yours

4. Offline

MaliciousMan

Red_Jay Hah, my bad I looked over it as someone's "My Plugins" which is normally located under their posts.

Anyways, I checked one of your plugins, CustomServerMessages, and found it to be inactive. Meaning it hasn't been updated to support later versions of craftBukkit.

May I ask what version of craftBukkit you are using?

5. Offline

Necrodoom

6. Offline

Red_Jay

MaliciousMan Updated the original post with the start up sequence:

http://pastebin.com/yV4HPpYX

and I am using Craft Bukkit 1.6.4

Also, both Custom Server Messages and Spam Guard are inactive, but would that really cause chunks to become corrupted?

7. Offline

jominer247

Your using a dev build, try switching to a beta or release build.

Yes, you have a corrupted chunk, the nooby way to solve this would be to ban the players, but then you lose players, stop the server, extract them map onto MCEdit, then run MCEdit and patch the corrupted chunk.

Start the server up with the map and you should be fine!

8. Offline

Red_Jay

jominer247 Do you know what caused the chunk to become corrupted in the first place? Like is there anyway to prevent it from happening?

9. Offline

MaliciousMan

Red_Jay About when was the map you're having problems with made? Can you open it in MCEdit? If you can, open it and then change something and save it again. If that doesn't work, try disabling plugins individually to see if anything changes.

10. Offline

Red_Jay

I have downloaded the world onto MCEDIT and am currently editing it. First, I hit CTRL I and selected the "Repair Region Option" It took about 30 minutes and then said it was done. Then, I hit CTRL A to select all chunks and hit delete entities. This will hopefully delete all mobs and dropped items that could have caused the chunk error in the first place. I did both of these things based on a video I watched so I honestly don't know what I'm doing... Currently MCEDIT is still processing the Delete All Entities that I pressed and has been doing that for about an hour. Is this what I'm supposed to be doing...?

'Yes, you have a corrupted chunk, the nooby way to solve this would be to ban the players, but then you lose players, stop the server, extract them map onto MCEdit, then run MCEdit and patch the corrupted chunk.

Start the server up with the map and you should be fine!"

I don't know how to do that but can you guys elaborate? I really don't know if I'm doing things correctly...

*Update*
    MCEDIT Crashed so I reopened it and just did CTRL I and repaired the regions. I now have the map file that should be supposedly fixed, but now I can't figure out how to upload it to my test server and see if it's fixed. I tried using File Zilla but it didn't seem to work. Assuming what I did with McEdit fixed the problem, how would I upload the world to the server anyways?

11. Offline

MaliciousMan

Red_Jay

12. Offline

Red_Jay

MaliciousMan About 2 weeks ago and I guess I will try the plugin thing. Any particular plugins in mind? Im going to start by disabling the 2 inactive ones (SpamGuard and CSM)

I disabled CSM and SpamGuard and the server still crashed. Same type of error. How could it be a plugin if it was running fine for almost 2 weeks?

13. Offline

MaliciousMan

Red_Jay Try not using that world when the server boots up. It could be something other than the world itself. Also, some plugins update automatically so one could've updated without you knowing.

14. Offline

PolarCraft

It is a world chunk error. Stop the server and delete that world. And then start a fresh one.

15. Offline

MaliciousMan

Red_Jay PolarCraft Oh wait, he said he can open it in MCEdit! Just export it as a schematic then paste it.

16. Offline

PolarCraft

It is more than just that. When you edit it in MCEdit it will not fix the chunk. It is like the whole world having one huge chunk. You will not fix it. Unless you restart the map.

17. Offline

MaliciousMan

Unless you know exactly what's wrong with the world, anything's possible.

18. Offline

PolarCraft

The problem is that chunks are missing. And it is usually caused by multiverse. Well that was most of the time.

19. Offline

Red_Jay

PolarCraft MaliciousMan
    "Oh wait, he said he can open it in MCEdit! Just export it as a schematic then paste it."
    Please elaborate that ^ I'm an MCEdit newb.

"It is a world chunk error. Stop the server and delete that world. And then start a fresh one."
    'The problem is that chunks are missing. And it is usually caused by multiverse. Well that was most of the time."
    I do not currently have, nor have ever used multiverse. Additionally, this has happened to me for the past 3 worlds and resetting the world is not an option. I have reset the world 2 times in the last month and my player base will drop dramatically. My server is a Factions server and so the map is crucial. I need any other option other than deleting the map and resetting.

What causes these errors in the first place? How can I prevent them? There's no point in fixing this problem if it will simply happen later on.

20. Offline

lycano

Red_Jay well technically a chunk error is a glitch. Most of the time they are only client side so the chunk is not really "gone" just was not correctly received by the client or the datastream was tainted due to a network error or <place other possible reason here>.

In really rare cases those chunk errors are server side. This can happen when plugins or server code glitches when generating a chunk. The chunk itself will either have the flag "its generated" but actually it never was or its really corrupted due to IO errors or other side effects produced by a hickup of the hardware or memory or xyz.

If this happens you either recreate the world or you use MCEdit to delete the corrupted chunk and let it regenerate when visiting the area again. There is really no way to "never let that happen" if you mess with chunks.

You can avoid this if you do not use such tools that mess around with chunks heavily especially not when you are using many different plugins at the same time (use one instead of multiple different plugins from different authors) or make sure that your hardware is good enough IF it was produced by memory errors or hardware faults.

21. Offline

Red_Jay

lycano "If this happens you either recreate the world or you use MCEdit to delete the corrupted chunk and let it regenerate when visiting the area again. There is really no way to "never let that happen" if you mess with chunks."

I have opened the world in McEdit and I have tried to use CTRL I and 'repair regions' to fix it. I'm not sure if that worked though, because I wasn't able to upload the map onto my test server. My world is a HUGE world, so how am I supposed to find the corrupted chunk to fix it?

22. Offline

lycano

According to public reports this should work. You could check it your local machine just to see if it worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.