Server and Client ram issue

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by grid21, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

grid21

I know that Minecraft client isn't support here but I couldn't think of a better place to go to then here!

My trouble is this. When I go to run Minecraft client my CPU percentage goes to anywhere between 80% and 100% and I end up having drop FPS.Granted I am running my server on the same computer that is running the client but this is a new problem that has come up. My CPUs are unparked, which means that the computer is allowed to use the CPU to it's full power, but I when I tried reparking them, I still have the same problem. Has something changed in the coding for Minecraft Client?

My second issue is this. Is it normal in taskmanager for Java to show ram useage up to 1,000,000K? My server is using 2.5GB of ram. Some of my members say the server does lag here and there so I use a plugin called LaggClear and use a command from that plugin, /lagg gc, which tells Java to use Garbage Collected to clean itself up.

Plugin list (43):
    TimTheEnchanter,
    MultiWorld,
    AFK Signs,
    Minequery,
    WorldEdit,
    SmartRestart,
    ghost,
    iBoom,
    MotdManager,
    CommandBook,
    iBlock,
    Short Game Mode,
    ColoredSigns,
    speedKick,
    Stargate,
    PermissionsEx,
    MelooonCensor,
    ServerSave,
    ServerEvents,
    Chairs
    PerformanceMonitor,
    iConomy,
    AutoKick,
    VanishPro,
    CoreProtect,
    EnderBow,
    Lockette,
    ClearLag,
    PlayerStatusSigns,
    Modifyworld,
    SupplySign,
    NametagEdit,
    ChatManager,
    Citizens,
    Jobs,
    LagMeter,
    ChessCraft,
    iZone,
    WirelessRedstone,
    Vault,
    OnTime,
    Sylvester,
    AutoAnnouncer

If anyone can tell me why Bukkit is using some much ram at anyone time please reply to this thread.

Also if someone can tell me why Minecraft Client is using so much CPU percentage please tell me.

My system
    4Ghz Intel Core Due E6550 with CPUs unparked.
    8GB of DDR2 PNY ram
    1.75GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
    Running Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks!
    Grid21

2. Offline

Jamesthatguy

That would require your plugin list.

3. Offline

grid21

I have over 42 plugins on my server.

4. Offline

Jade

/pl. Copy from console. Paste here.

5. Offline

grid21

02:21:49 [INFO] Plugins (43): TimTheEnchanter, MultiWorld, AFK Signs, Minequery, WorldEdit, SmartRestart, ghost, iBoom, MotdManager, C
    ommandBook, iBlock, Short Game Mode, ColoredSigns, speedKick, Stargate, PermissionsEx, MelooonCensor, ServerSave, ServerEvents, Chairs
    , PerformanceMonitor, iConomy, AutoKick, VanishPro, CoreProtect, EnderBow, Lockette, ClearLag, PlayerStatusSigns, Modifyworld, SupplyS
    ign, NametagEdit, ChatManager, Citizens, Jobs, LagMeter, ChessCraft, iZone, WirelessRedstone, Vault, OnTime, Sylvester, AutoAnnouncer

There you go.

Ok so is anyone gonna help me??

Reply anyone?
    Please and Thank you!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  6. Offline

Bobcat00

Your CPU only has 2 cores, so 100% useage is certainly possible. Are you running Optifine with the multicore setting? That alone will eat up 100% without your server even running.

Memory: My server uses 4 GB. Java will allocate whatever you allow it to.

Sounds to me like everything is running normally for your system.

7. Offline

grid21

I am using Optifine with Multicore turned off. Is this just normal for Minecraft to max out on CPU?

8. Offline

Bobcat00

It's normal for the client to use 1 thread at 100% (without Optifine).

The server's CPU usage depends on what it's doing. If you see the server using 50% in Task Manager (one whole core just for the server), it means it's busy and you can start tracking that down. You might also see a server TPS drop. I had that happen on my i7 CPU, and it was caused by hundreds of skeletons being spawned. So maybe your server is doing something like that.

9. Offline

grid21

Now explain to me what TPS is? The server only ever uses about 3% to maybe 10% give or take. The server performance is normally good.

10. Offline

Bobcat00

TPS = ticks per second. Bukkit normally does its main loop (a "tick") 20 times a second. If you do /gc you'll see the TPS value and heap useage. If the TPS is 20, everything is running well. Lower values mean progressively higher loading and the main loop is falling behind. /gc also shows the number of entities, which can be helpful in tracking down CPU / TPS problems.

So does your server ever go much over 25%?

If you stop the server and run the client only, does it use 100%? If so, that's the culprit; check the Optifine settings again. Or maybe just put in a lower FPS value, like 40.

11. Offline

grid21

I forgot to mention that Minecraft is actually using both my cores at 100%. Even without the server running it still maxes out and I did a reset of Optifine with very little change to the problem.

12. Offline

Bobcat00

If you want maximum FPS, that's what happens. It uses as much of the CPU as it can. A good example of why games shouldn't be coded in Java.

What FPS are you getting?

13. Offline

grid21

Today I was using the new launcher and in TaskManager I actually set the Priority to High on the program that said "Javaw" and on my server I set that to "Above Normal"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.