Server Admins - 1.8 World Generation Client-end

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Machete.Panda, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Machete.Panda

I heard 1.8 put world generation on the client end. From what I have seen, this is true. Performance on our server seems to be better. But, we all know this just makes it that much harder to block xray mods and we also know, they will come out.

Are there any plugins or tools I should keep an eye on? Let me know what your planning.

2. Offline

dark navi

I don't really think they would do that, as client side mods could really screw with this.

3. Offline

Machete.Panda

huh? You don't think who would do what? It sounds like you think Im proposing something... please read carefully.

4. Offline

ultimak

All world generation is server side, it has to be as that's where the map is. When new chunks are loaded its the client saying it needs new chunk data, the server generating the chunks and loading them and then sending the chunk data back to the client. Its why maps tend to lag when a lot of chunks are being generated vs. chunks just being loaded.

5. Offline

dark navi

Please read my post carefully. I was referring to Mojang putting world generation client side, which is a completely ridiculous idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.