sendblockupdate() question

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Paxination, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Paxination

So sendblockupdate is now deprecated. Any ideas if its being replaced by another method?

If not, how would i do this via packets?

2. Offline

Garris0n

1. Just use the method.
    2. Why would you use packets as an alternative to a deprecated method?

3. Offline

Ronbo

Garris0n likes this.
  4. Offline

Paxination

Ronbo Garris0n

I know its not broken, just figured since its deprecated, that it will be removed soon. Hence why the alternative.

5. Offline

RawCode

absolutely not, deprecated methods marked deprecated and stay in product for years.

6. Offline

Ronbo

Paxination
    Deprecation can also just be when a better way of approaching the issue is created. For example, pretty much all the item + block ID related methods in Bukkit are deprecated, because they involve magic numbers. However, I doubt they'll ever be removed as there's really no reason to ever do so.

7. Offline

Garris0n

If it's deprecated you should avoid it and seek an alternative. In this case, the only alternative is to use packets, which are more likely to break than the deprecated method. Noting this situation, the best course of action is to use the deprecated method. Wait until a proper alternative is available and use that, but for now, it's fine.

8. Offline

Paxination

Kewl, I'll keep all that in mind. I've seen other deprecated methods, like the ones Ronbo is talkin about, and try avoid using them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.