Send a resourcepack to the player upon join

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by CraterHater, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CraterHater

I want to send a resourcepack to a player upon joining, I know how to do this but the problem is that he only asks the first time "yes" or "no" but if you click no he won't ask the second time you join. How do I do that

thx.

2. @CraterHater
    This is something handled client-side, therefor it's not possible.

3. Offline

Shortninja66

@CraterHater megamichiel is correct, but I want to point out that this is an option by the player. They can set how they receive resource packs. I believe the options allow you to either disable it completely, prompt you to use it, or to automatically enable it.

4. Offline

teej107

@CraterHater If the client already has the resource pack then it will automatically switch. Other then that, it's out of your control.

5. Offline

CraterHater

@teej107 So there's basically no way you can offer someone a second change to accept the resourcepack? So if someone denies the first time he can never gain the resourcepack again?

6. Offline

I Al Istannen

@CraterHater You can. However it involves packets. 1.8 Packets to be specific. (Yes I know, this is 1.7 section). An easy way to manage that is ProtocolLib. I haven't tested it, but it looks good. "Thread". Packet. This will get you the client answer. Then I believe you would need to send the Choose Packet again (Packet).

May not be totally right and IS NOT 1.7!

7. @I Al Istannen
    You can send the Resource Pack packet as many as you want, but if the client has chosen to not use it the prompt will not pop up, that's why it's not possible.

8. Offline

I Al Istannen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.