[SEC/FUN/INFO/CHAT/TP] Towny Advanced v0.88.0.0 - Land and town management [3020+ 1.7.2-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by ElgarL, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Plugin: Towny
    [​IMG]

New Towny Website!

Taking Shades' Towny a step farther.

A versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Features (open)

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.
    • Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
      • Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
      • Players decide who can build, destroy, use "switchs" and use items on every plot they control.
      • Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
      • Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.
    • Wilderness Rules (Optional)
      • Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
      • Limit players' interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
      • Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
      • Block explosions and fire.
    • PVP Enhancements
      • Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny's grouping of players to be invaluable.
      • Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
      • Nations split players into larger teams.
      • Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
      • PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
    • Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
      • Players can spawn to their town upon death.
      • Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
    • Customized modified chat. (Optional)
      • Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
      • Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
      • Anti-spam feature.
    • Shop plugin support. (Optional)
      • Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
    • Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
      • Supports all economy plugins.
      • Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
      • Flexible tax system.
      • Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
    • All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
      • Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
    • Multiworld Support
      • Flexible settings for every world.
      • Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

REQUIRES
    • No other plugins, but is best with Questioner, so that invitations are given by Towns and Nations to residents and towns.
    Optional
    • Questioner 0.6
    • Essentials 2.5+ - (Towny /town spawn's obey Essentials teleport cooldown)
    • All permissions plugins are supported and provide greater customization (recomend GroupManager).
    • Economy plugin of your choice.
    (We no longer recommend using PEX at all. It breaks TownyPerms due to the reflection PEX performs.)
    Supported Economy Plugins
    • iConomy 5.01
    • iConomy 4/5 *
    • iConomy 6 *
    • EssentialsEco *
    • BOSEconomy *
    • Craftconomy *
    • * Requires Register.jar 1.8+ (or Vault) in your plugins folder.
    • Any Vault-capable economy plugin that supports false-player accounts. (Do not use register if your economy plugin is supported by vault.)
    Plugins That Support Towny
    Download Towny
    • Release Version: Link
    • Dev Versions/Jenkins: Link (Majorly Different - Visit IRC channel before using.)
    • Install Guide
    Wiki
    Towny Wiki Site

Suggestions and Issues
    Make a suggestion - Link
    Report an issue - Link
    • Credits: Many thanks to all contributers including, but not limited to: Fuzziewuzzie, Shadeness, LlmDl, SwearWord and dumptruckman.

2. Offline

Hutt132

Is there a way to prevent mayors and/or assistants from paying taxes? A lot of mayors on my server are being kicked from their towns because they run out of tax money on their person. Running version 0.88.0.0 1.7.2.

3. Offline

LlmDl

put the towny.tax_exempt node into the mayor and assistant rank in the townyperms.yml

4. Offline

Sn0wluS

Is there a way to prevent outpost spawning without tampering with permissions? I've managed to get every other aspect of PEX to behave with Towny, but outpost teleporting. It also seems that nation, town, and friendly town teleporting are all configurable but outposts are not.

Hopefully this is an easier fix than I think it might be. .-.

5. Offline

LlmDl

Sn0wluS

From teh permission node page on the wiki:

- towny.town.spawn.outpost : Ability to spawn to your own town's outposts. This is a child node of towny.town.spawn.town and must be negated if you do not want players to teleport to their outposts.
    Ex in Pex:

- towny.town.spawn.town
    - -towny.town.spawn.outpost

6. Offline

Sn0wluS

The issue comes in with the fact that I've already done this. On one of my servers it was completed fine, but when we moved to a VPS now it's messing up the reflection. Whenever I simply give the towny.town.spawn permission it enables all /t spawn commands regardless of negations or lacks of nodes thereof.

I have tried using townyperms as well as Pex alone, without interaction. But even when certain nodes are given in Pex, it doesn't recognize that they've been delegated to Pex, and simply doesn't allow it. For example, I added the wild commands to Pex, but it wouldn't enable it. I moved it to Townyperms, it enabled it.

7. Offline

LlmDl

Well that's pex for you. I don't bother troubleshooting it anymore because its given me years of grief. Get groupmanager and then you'll know that your permission plugin is doing what you tell it to do.

8. Offline

Sn0wluS

This is the only plugin that's conflicting, and it's a small issue. I stand by my initial suggestion of putting the outpost spawn in the config with the nation, foreign town, and regular town spawn options. Was this an oversight or intentional?

9. Offline

Myntekt

http://postimg.org/image/6365lfcot/ This is bothering me a lot! This is happened on my towny spawn and simply created a hole on the floor. I can break it, but the blocks respawn at the same place. What should I do?

10. Offline

LlmDl

Sounds like you might have had a town there, which is now gone, and you have the revert-on-unclaim feature turned on. Use '/tw toggle revertunclaim' and then stop your server and delete the regen.txt and regen-queue.

11. Offline

Myntekt

I want it the regen. The thing is, that thing is bugged. It is taking the blocks and putting them on the sky. You can clearly see bedrock and lava on the sky and that isn't normal.

12. Offline

LlmDl

Then the snapshots for those plots are corrupted and cannot be salvaged.

13. Offline

Thecoolsurdy

Hello,
    I was wondering if you were going to transfer Towny over to Sponge? Since it seems Bukkit will go inactive pretty soon do too the DMCA

14. Offline

LlmDl

Liger_XT5 likes this.
  15. Will there be an UUID supported version anytime soon?

16. Offline

LlmDl

We're currently undergoing a total recode of towny's back end. It will support UUIDs. Just unsure of which server platform it will launch on. Until you can actually change your minecraft name its not an urgent matter.

17. I hope you go towards Sponge - its what we are all waiting for

18. Offline

LlmDl

19. Offline

BusbyBoy03

Hey i need help with the towny chat, im wondering if you can give a premade towny chat config file so it will look like this: [alliancetag][towntag][my permissionsex rank][playername]

20. Offline

LlmDl

You really know how to spam eh. I responded to you on the Sponge forum post.

21. Offline

BusbyBoy03

Sorry, and thanks for responding, i did as well

22. ElgarL A new community has released their own coded (and legal) verson of 1.8 for people. As such with using their own code many a bukkit plugin does not work but they have developed a "bridge" plugin to make bukkit plugins work with their code. Towny works fine minus the issue of using the new codes own personal economy. I was wondering (and really REALLY hoping) that you could maybe check it out and convert Towny to their code? Everything works fine except for the economy. It just does not recognize it as a viable economy.

23. Offline

LlmDl

At some point your may have forgotten to link or name this new community.

Edit: I've found the community and your post where you've re-hosted our towny.jar for download. This is not allowed. Delete your post on that forum.

Edit2: Looks like its not legal at all based on the decompiled server jar. Not even just taking code from MC, but another closed-source, pay-for plugin.

24. They claim it is legal. Take it up with them. That is of course if you are talking about the same one that i'm talking about.

My upload of the Towny Advanced jar on that website was taken down anyway due to someones biased opinion. In lue of that, however, i would not do so as i see nothing in the description stating that i cannot redistribute said jar.