[SEC] Explosion Revert v2.1 - Revert explosions [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kairus101, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Kairus101

Explosion Revert, Revert Explosions!

Version 2.1

After 7 seconds, explosions from TNT, creepers or any other entity "revert", undoing the damage done. With the /tnt command, you can allow yourself to make your own placed tnts normal.

Features:
    * /tnt command that makes your tnt active
    * /showtntlog shows all the TNTlog knows about who has hurt you
    * Reverting explosions by default, so griefers cant grief
    * Chest protection, explosions will NOT break chests (broked in 1.8, I'm fixing it)
    * Explosions also don't break beds and doors (broked in 1.8, I'm fixing it)
    * /tnt is only usable by operators
    * Players are not suffocated by regenerated blocks
    * Items are not trapped within regenerating areas
    * Sand/gravel work properly
    * Log which specifies time, date, place and who hurt you

Demonstration:

Now, obviously, whilst developing this mod, I had to do a few stress tests. Pictures or it didn't happen.
    5,000 tnt:
    [​IMG]
    11,000 tnt:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

To Do:
    * Make -1 a valid time frame, and have a command that will initiate the fixing process.
    * Add permissions
    * add ability to revert only certain explosions, e.g. creepers.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  2. Offline

raoulster

wow, this is a great plugin, nice work man :cool: you deserve some [diamond]

3. Offline

Kairus101

Thanks man! Version 2.0 is up! It now crashes 10 times less :D (not that it crashed much before)

4. Offline

jenks1999

just wondering if you can add a permission node system so that you can have the admin exempt from the plugin so they can create caves for players etc etc... might be a good adition or make a command that is op only?

5. Offline

Kairus101

Please read the features.
    Feature 1: /tnt command that makes your tnt active
    Feature 3: Reverting explosions by default, so griefers cant grief
    Feature 6: /tnt is only usable by operators

Come on man, it was the first thing I said.

6. Offline

jenks1999

hmm seems to error out, my bad, tnt reverts as op and /tnt errors. Its ok i will look into the source and fix it myself... ty anyways for your help.

7. Offline

Kairus101

bump, updated.

8. Offline

Mercury

@Kairus101
    This plugin would be better if you can specify in which cases explosion revert will work.
    E.g
    Creepers=true
    tnt=false

9. Offline

Kairus101

mmmk ill add it to the todo list.

10. Offline

Jozeth

Work with Bukkit #1240?

11. Offline

sleite

REQUEST:

Love this plug-in, but found one little problem. I think it interfere's with World Guard's ability to prevent explosions.

Any way to adjust it some how?

Here's the senario:

I place a sign (with text on it) in a World Guard protected region. (Flags are set for no tnt, no fire, etc). I lay down some TNT and let'er rip. Kaa-Boom! Big hole in the ground. Seven seconds later everything is A-OK. (Well, almost).

Problems:
    1. The sign (with text) is reconstructed, but all the text is missing.
    2. If there is a structure with locked doors, the structure is temporarily accessible by a player. If the player enter's the structure they become trapped inside seven seconds later.

Solution: If I disable Revert Explosions plug-in World Guard works normally and completely prevents the tnt from going off. My sign stays intact, and access to any buildings remains protected. That means that this plug-in somehow has priority, or is intercepting the event before World Guard can handle it.

Un-intended Consequence: No Ka-Boom. No temporary hole in the ground. :( No Fun. :)

Suggestion: Lower the priority somehow so that World Guard can intercept the event first, and defuse it (assuming the no-tnt flags is set in a particular region). If World Guard has no such flags, it will do nothing (meaning, it will allow the explosion). At that point, your plug-in can do it's thing.

REQUEST: Add an option in config that repairs creeper-only explosions. If true, players tnt explosions will work normally (without the need for the player to type /tnt or remember any other commands). Basically, a default behaviour to allow player tnt, but dis-allow creeper explosions.

Thanks.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  12. Offline

Kairus101

Odd, thanks for the info sleite, I will investigate and perhaps simply stop signs and their reliant block from being broken, which is the most obvious solution.

13. Offline

uncirculated

On my server I get the, "Bukkit sad. Bukkit want you to access command, but bukkit cannot let you. bukkit will leak tears."

14. Offline

Kairus101

This may not even be related to my mod.. What is it you are doing when you get this error? What other plugins do you have? What rank are you, OP? What permissions plugin are you using?

15. Offline

DrakusFett

I have this same error. Even when I have the OP Status it still says this.

16. Offline

Kairus101

In that case, I will be adding perms rather soon.

17. Offline

DrakusFett

Sounds good Thank You! :D
    Besides this [diamond]'s For you!

18. Offline

Zanzikahn

Kairus101
    Regarding: bug with creepers
    Info: Well, I don't know if you were aware of this, or if it has ever been brought up. When the Creepers explode near a Sign and/or Trapdoor, it would make it blank(sign); make it a "pick-up" item(Trapdoor). My following plugins are:
    CraftBukkit git-Bukkit-1.1-R4-b1938jnks
    MC 1.1
    API 1.1-R4
    AdminChat(bukkit)
    WorldEdit(v5.2)
    iConomy(v6.0.8b)
    PermissionsBukkit(v1.2)
    Log(v0.8.2)
    Vault(v1.2.9)
    motd(v1.1.1)
    MyWarp(v2.1)
    LWC(v4.0.9)
    WorldGuard(v5.5)
    PlayerFreeze(v1.3)
    ExplosionRevert(v2.1)
    ChestShop(v3.34)
    BukkitVote(v0.33)
    HelpPages(v1.2)
    AFKBooter(v1.0.3)

19. Offline

md_5

Long time no see Kairus101. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5