Inactive [SEC] CreeperHeal v4.13 - Repair Creeper damage, the natural way! [1.2.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Nitnelave, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Nitnelave

CreeperHeal

The project in now on BukkitDev! Go there to find all the news, downloads, error reporting, and everything else!

2. Offline

Nitnelave

By the look of it, you have multiworld that didn't load properly. Apply ZerothAngel's solution :

I added this to CreeperHeal's plugin.yml:

softdepend: [Multiverse-Core]
    (Replace "Multiverse-Core" with whatever multi-world plugin you're using.)

3. Offline

Lynxdragon

Awesome that worked a charm. :) I thought it may have been custom difficulty.

Is there any way to only let it heal if the center of the explosion is above 55( 9 below sea level) height? This way people can still use it to mine, and houses on the surface are safe. Excluding traps, mainly for creepers and tnt and such.

4. Offline

Nitnelave

Well, I'm no longer developing that plugin, but you should ask @redpois0n he's the new dev. But yes, it should be possible.

5. Offline

redpois0n

yes but please talk to admin to make me thread owner.
    And yes I think I can make what the guy said

6. Offline

Nitnelave

I reported the thread for transfer.

7. Offline

redpois0n

ok

8. Offline

sfmplayer

your starting Commands are the same as Hero chat ( /ch ..

9. Offline

toxycated

plugin does not replace/repair paintings, just fyi.

10. Offline

Nitnelave

You can replace the alias in the plugin.yml.

No, indeed, it does not. Nor is it planned. Your house just got blown up, and we rebuilt it. You don't expect the workers to put the torches exactly in the same place and to find new paintings that would fit your wall, do you?

11. Offline

toxycated

why bother with the plugin then? :p

12. Offline

Lynxdragon

Bukkit itself lacks the ability to log information about the painting. Thus making it impossible without a change to the RB for plugins like this one or world edit to remember exactly what was there if it was a picture. Same with torch direction.

Nag coders to fix this, not the dev.

@redpois0n would this be possible?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  13. Offline

redpois0n

Yes. Just check if level is under 55?

14. Offline

Nitnelave

You should add a config for that. Maybe something like check-level:true/false and level-limit:55 or something like that.

15. Offline

redpois0n

yes i meaned that

I think i make this in a new project, so i can use my coding style. i think i need help of recopyandpaste it

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

Lynxdragon

It would need to be on a per world basis, so that eg. on survival tnt can only be used under 55 height, and on other worlds it could be infinite. This would be a great addition to a lot of servers including my own.

All I need to find now is a way to give ranks depending on playtime and figure out why creeperheal isnt healing this fire damage. And to rank them up automatically when they reach each playtime goal. Maybe another project for you redpois0n ?

17. Offline

redpois0n

That exist, I'm 100% sure.

Lynxdragon likes this.
  18. Offline

Lynxdragon

Found a bug. When logs are burnt, they come back as 17:0 not the original type eg. 17:3.

Any hints where it is, its hard to find things with all this devbukkit stuff going on.

19. Offline

redpois0n

im got at playing with metadata things.

yeah, i saw one yesterday. "Rank players after how much they play" or something with the title

20. Offline

Lynxdragon

Did the trick, thanks heaps.

21. This is definately one of my favorite plugins!

A few things I'd like to report though:
    • Pistons that are retracting as they blow up (for example because the wiring is getting blown up at the same time) get double-replaced. The extended part is put in front of a full, retracted, piston, resulting in the piston not being able to extend anymore until the extra extended part is removed manually. You should probably not replace the extended part at all, I don't see a way this would ever be the intended effect? I suggest handling this exactly like you're currently handling doors and beds, that should do the trick.
    • I think the reason redstone/signs/etc sometimes drop instead of being destroyed and replaced is because you're only checking above the block that is being destroyed. What about stuff attached to the sides? Yeah, this will be hard to handle because you're not 100% sure this stuff will drop or not, but you can possibly on the first restoring pass check if these things are still there, and if not skip "restoring" them completely. Then on any subsequent passes you don't do this check but the current check you have in place that will drop blocks players put after an explosion so that will still work like it is supposed to. I have a feeling this will take care of the remaining issues...
    • What happens when you explode something near the edges of the world? Say, at maximum height? I haven't checked this, but I imagine bad things will happen, since you get the block above other blocks without checking if this is still inside the world or not... Possibly do some coordinate checking or simply wrap that inside a try/catch to prevent issues?
    • I noticed that when setting off multiple TNT that are all traps (say, 4 TNT next to each other, all 4 set to be a trap) not all the TNT gets replaced. All the other blocks as well as the first TNT to explode come back just fine, but not the other TNT-traps around it. Possibly fix this similarly to my second point, or add a check after every completed replace that goes through all registered traps and replaces them if they are found to be missing. The funny thing is, even though there was no more TNT there, CreeperHeal still had the "missing" traps registered, and when I put the "missing" TNT back and removed it again without setting a trap to it, it removed the original trap like it was never missing at all.

For the rest, awesome stuff! Has been really useful to me so far! Keep up the good work :)

22. Offline

Cultist O

So I've waited a while for a response on this one, but we're still experiencing the problem (I'm a co-admin of Tex©'s.) It occurs even if we switch to block-per-block. It does in fact say "Trap created" and they are properly added to the file, but they do not replace themselves nor their damage. In fact, if I replace the TNT, and try to recreate the trap, the trap is still registered (and can be removed by breaking it.)

The traps did work at one time, but the most significant change I can think of between the last working trap, and the first broken one is a very significant number of traps being added. (no plugin additions or updates) Could too many registered traps perhaps overload it? (we actually have somewhere around 300.)

All the other aspects of the plugin that we use seem to work as expected, (Though fire and entity support would be nice (I understand why it's not there.)) We are very exited to start using this feature though so any support would be much appreciated. Thanks

23. Offline

Nitnelave

@redpois0n Seems you have a lot to do ;)
    Just a few comments : do not try to replace the extended part of a piston, just put an unextended piston (that's what I meant to do, but I may have messed up the code) and as the wiring gets replaced, the piston will extend. For the 4th issue he reported, I think I've forgotten to add a check in the explosion listener (when it creates the list of blocks) : if it's a trap, replace the TNT (though I thought I put that in, but hey, I don't want to go through my code right now).

@Cultist O I don't see why it wouldn't work for you... Can you create a test server, and test the plugin alone, first with one trap, then with the same list of traps as your main server? And if it works, check if it still does with all of the other plugins. And if it doesn't work then, you know it's a compatibility problem and you need to isolate the plugin responsible. We'll try to help as we can, but so far I can't reproduce it.
    If you still can't find the problem, I would need you to do this: in the test server, in a config where you can reproduce the problem, set the log-level to the max (you can set it to 10, for example), set down a tnt, make it a trap, make it blow up, wait (or force) for the blocks to be replaced (or not, if you have the problem) and stop the server. Then post what you did, what happenned, your config, and the entire server log of this session.

24. Offline

Aza24

I am having a problem that when everyone sleeps the damage that is getting fixed does not get repaired.

25. Offline

ecsos

please add an option for creeper repair only above a certain Y level (like, only repair above sea level)
    thank you.
    this would let us repair most buildings above ground but still leave explosions while mining in SMP.

26. Offline

Nitnelave

@Tex© did you solve your problem yet? Otherwise, look at my last post to give us some more info.

27. Offline

Tex©

No @Nitnelave I have yet to really work on the server ive been taking classes so there goes my free time when i get a chance (probubly going to try right now) I will see what i can get working or not :p

Think I found the problem @Nitnelave

this one works i thinks its when i change the TNT to false
    Code:
    wait-before-heal: 1
    drop-replaced-block: true
    teleport-on-suffocate: true
    wait-after-fire: 45
    drop-chance: 100
    refresh-frequency: 20
    block-per-block-interval: 20
    drop-not-replaced-block: false
    world_nether:
        Magical: false
        replace-tnt: false
        TNT: true
        Fire: false
        Creepers: true
        restrict-blocks: 'false'
        restrict-list: '0'
        Ghast: true
    log-level: 10
    op-permissions: true
    replacement-method: all-at-once
    world:
        TNT: true

this is the one that give me problems

Code:
    wait-before-heal: 1
    drop-replaced-block: true
    teleport-on-suffocate: true
    wait-after-fire: 45
    drop-chance: 100
    refresh-frequency: 20
    block-per-block-interval: 20
    drop-not-replaced-block: false
    world_nether:
        TNT: false
    log-level: 10
    op-permissions: true
    replacement-method: all-at-once
    world:
        TNT: false

going to experiment more

28. Offline

lmazon

Been using this for ages. My players love it. With 1.8 and it seems to mostly work. I get errors in the console occasionally. I think it's when it's trying to destroy a block or something.

Anyway, here's a request that would be awesome. Many of us are not liking the mess that the Enders create of our terrain and buildings. It's really the same problem that the creepers cause, it's just one block at a time. Modifying CreeperHeal to do the same thing for Enders that it does for Creepers would be AWESOME. Any chance of this?

29. Offline

Nitnelave

well, if you set tnt to false, it sure won't replace the damage done by tnt... It's the whole point of the setting! Oh, but were you saying that it didn't replace the creeper damage either? Or you want to use the traps, but not replace the damage from other tnt?
    @Imazon I don't really see what it would be like... After a set amount of time, replace the blocks moved by the enders? Anyway, this would have to wait for a Enders API, maybe in the next RB for 1.8.

30. Offline

lmazon

I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately. I even downloaded the CreeperHeal source to see how you do it with creepers. The problem is, as you've no doubt gathered, that the Enders don't culminate in a single block-changing event. Rather they just continuously shuffle the landscape. Here's what I've come up with so far:

1. Prevent the Ender from moving blocks. This is lame, and takes away from what the Ender is.
    2. Put each block back the moment the ender moves it. Not much better than 1.
    3. Wait until the ender dissapears(or a server reset) and undo everything it did. The amount of data you could be storing could be astronomical. An ender in a dungeon could be there for a VERY long time. Don't like this one either.
    4. Watch each block an ender takes, and x(configurable number) seconds after he puts it down(or dies, or at server shutdown) restore the block to it's original position. I like this one. It lets an ender shuffle things around and act like an ender. It lets the player experience it, yet puts a limit on how much/long we store stuff. So far, this is the best one I've been able to think of.

Perhaps there's a better way, but I really like 4 so far...

31. Offline

Tex©

@Nitnelave ok i gess i wasnt clear on what i wanted to do with it my bad
    I thought it would allow tnt damage anywhere in the world normally but when a trap is set it would replace the trap damage and that tnt. ye follow?