ScoreboardStats Tweak Request

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xMachoMancha, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xMachoMancha

The plugin Scoreboard Stats has been inactive for some time now and since the author doesn't take any requests, I figured I could ask in the forums here. The source code is available here.

ScoreboardStats displays custom player variables such as their balance, k/d ratio, exp and much more via a scoreboard. I was hoping that someone could tweak the plugin a little bit to add a few variables and other necessities.

Variables I would like added:

• Player Name (%name%)
    • Faction Name (%f_name%)
    Aesthetics:

• Spacing between Scoreboard title and variables (vertical)
    • Horizontal 'moving' text (Example: Welcome to Sombrero Craft, %name%!)
    This is such a great plugin and it's a shame that the creator is inactive. Possibly take a moment of your time to help better this plugin only for my personal use. If it's not allowed to modify this plugin at all, I would greatly appreciate if someone created it from scratch. It's a great plugin opportunity for many server owners to have.

2. xMachoMancha I have tried this many times, but I just can't figure out how those things works, to be honest. :D

3. Offline

mattrick

4. mattrick I did read that, too, and I watched a tutorial video on youtube, but I don't get them. You must create fake players to show text and somehow you can set only scores, numbers, not strings which is weird. :/ I don't like them at all. :D

5. Offline

BillyGalbreath

The fake players are the text you want to display. And since this is a scoreboard, you will always have to show numbers, even if just the illusion of line numbers.

6. Offline

lenis0012

After 1.5 came out i added a Scoreboard API in BKCommonLib.
    Bukkit added their api a few days later.

The nice thing about bkc's api is that it does not require any criteria and is still compatible with multiple plugins using it.
    Code:java
    1. CommonScoreboard scoreboard = CommonScoreboard.get(player);
    2. CommonObjective sidebar = scoreboard.getObjective(Display.SIDEBAR);
    3. sidebar.setDisplayName("§4§lStats");
    4. sidebar.show();
    5. sidebar.createScore("health", "§cHealth", (int) player.getHealth());

7. BillyGalbreath lenis0012 I will look into both, the bukkits own API and the bkcs API. Thanks. ;)

(Just for Fluxanoia, I did NOT accept this request.)

8. Offline

xMachoMancha

Is it that difficult to add just a few variables to the plugin for my own use? The author is inactive and he hasn't responded in messages from months ago!

9. xMachoMancha I do not understand the Scoreboard API, so yes it is. ;)

10. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Lionhard xMachoMancha

Lionhard likes this.
  11. Offline

xMachoMancha

Fuck it, bukkit forums look more like Nazi Germany. I'm out:mad:

chrixian likes this.
  12. Offline

xMachoMancha

Oh they're great, especially when they're stuffing our asses like turkeys with all these rules. But anyway, disregard everything I requested, or wait is that breaking rules? If someone could recreate this plugin for anyone's use, adding the same variables as Scoreboardstats and then some, this whole dilemma would be over with. I myself don't code plugins, that is why I came here. And I hope you don't take me as an impatient ass, it seems every thread I start gets locked in some fashion when there is likely to be a misconception.

13. xMachoMancha So you would rather a forum with no rules? :D And also, I don't know if you missunderstood me (hope not, that would happen the second time now...), but I have never told to do this plugin, I was just telling that I tried it for my own plugin and that I don't know how to do it just to post something :D

14. Offline

xMachoMancha

I never expected you to create anything for me in the first place. When I accidentally requoted you earlier I was speaking to the general public.

15. xMachoMancha Alright, sorry then. Just had to be sure otherwise some guy would again tell me again that I did accept and didn't finish it... Doesn't matter. Just wait a few days, someone will for sure work on it. You just can't expect that there will be someone who actually does it on the first day.

16. Offline

Iroh

Locked. We do not support modifying an already created plugin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.