Scoreboard with a timer

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ointune, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ointune

Hi,
    I'm a new developper and I not very good because it's my first plugin
    so, my problem is : I know how to make a scoreboard cuz I saw many tutorial video
    but i don't now how to make a scoreboard with a timer of time (20 minutes a day minecraft)
    I know I need to do a loop with if and else
    but this timer shoud continue to all poeple is dead
    tanks so much for you answer !
    sorry if I did fault my English isn't perfect

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@ointune I suggest that you start with something easier first.
    Make a listener first that gives a message when everybody has been dead once.

3. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@ointune
    Have you tried using Google?

How to set up scoreboards:
    https://bukkit.org/threads/tutorial-scoreboards-teams-with-the-bukkit-api.139655/

From there, you need to create a RepeatingTask that will update the scoreboard every ___ ticks.

If you mean you're a new Java developer (as in you have recently learned Java/have not learned Java) then I highly recommend getting used to the basics of Java before working with Bukkit. If you need a resource as to where to learn, you can find one here.
    I would highly recommend you don't learn anything from videos, as most of them teach bad habits/ methods for doing certain things. If you need to learn how to do something, please search for tutorials or threads on the Bukkit forums containing your problem. (I.e. Google "Bukkit help [your problem]")

CodePlaysMinecraft likes this.
  4. Offline

ointune

Okay thanks for your answer but there are again somethings I don't understand how to put 20 minutes in my sheduler ?
    ah and I didn't precise that I need to do a commande for start the scoreboard and tp other player at a locality wich I shoud specify at the plugin can you tell me how to do that ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.