[Scammer] A alert for you plugin developers.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by stuntguy3000, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

stuntguy3000

• Name and Shame
    Hello Bukkit,

Recently myself a friend was scammed out of over <name and shame>

<Mod removed>

Just a friendly warning, stay out of his way and don't do anything for this worthless human being.

<Moderator note: This is exactly why we do not allow monetary offers on these forums. You do not know who you are getting into business with, and can be easily scammed.>

2. Offline

Chalkie

You are not meant to name and shame on here...

3. Offline

Adriani6

I guess there's no other way to save people...

4. Offline

LaxWasHere

That's what you get for not doing research :p

5. Offline

Geekola

The only problem with naming and shaming is that you only get one side. What if there was a mistake, misunderstanding or if this is just plain malicious? Then you open the door up to a massive soap opera if the other guy comes on and they start getting into it here.

No one wins with the name and shame on a forum battle. Best option is to try to set up a system where users can rate and review others for custom plugin work (and maybe other areas like server moderation skills).

drtshock, lDucks and mkremins like this.
  6. Offline

Necrodoom

anyone else sees the issue here?

lDucks and mkremins like this.
  7. Offline

TnT

Every once in a while people complain that we do not allow monetary offers on these forums. This kind of drama is exactly what we want to avoid.

The OP here perhaps did, perhaps didn't get screwed by someone requesting money for development. Personally, I'd be extremely weary about paying money to any entity that is not a legal business.

This is a double warning - keep your monetary offers and your name and shames off these forums. Neither are welcome here.

lDucks likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.