Solved run.bat Error

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Likasy, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Likasy

Forever I have run my bukkit server with no problems coming from the run.bat file. Once I got the 1.7.2 dev build, it just stops working. There is not really an error, but it just states the location and the contents of the run.bat.

code:
    java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    PAUSE

I've attached a screenshot of the server folder, run.bat file, and the command prompt all in one. It may be because I'm using a dev build, but it seems to work just fine for other server owners I know.
    Help would be wonderful!

runBatError.png

2. Offline

jblanda

First of all 1/4th of a GB RAM isn't enough to run a server, second, one or two DEV builds don't work with windows, try the newest one.

3. Offline

thomas15v

Hmmm just wait a bit. The dev builds take some time to start (usually a second of 8). Also depends on your processor.

He allocated 2GB ram. So its fine.

4. Offline

Likasy

Thanks! 2gb ram was enough but I guess the build I downloaded was one that wasn't compatible with Windows. Got the newest one and it works perfect.

I did let it sit for 15 - 20 minutes but it still didn't work. I just had an early dev build that wasn't compatible with my PC, I'm guessing. Solved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.