[RPG] Pegasus Flight

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Cyrushehe, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Offline

Cyrushehe

Pegasus Pony Flight - Soar like a pegasus!
    Version 0.1
    This plugin lets you give your users the ability to fly, but at a cost! To activate this plugin the user with the permission node (regular user default) says /pfly and it cost food while they fly, then while it's active and a user id flying the user cannot interact with anything except other players, and blocks of snow. They can't attack mobs, but mobs can attack them, and they can't just fly and fire arrows, it also prevents use of bows!For another plugin that's soon to be part of the package visit - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/earth-pony-droprate
    Features
    • Controllable flight with drawbacks.​
    • Permissions support - pegfly.fly​
    Changelog
    • Fixed a bug that stopped landed players from attacking mobs.
    Version 0.3
    • If you choose to put the Cloudfall.jar in your plugins folder, users without the permissions node pegfly.fly cannot interact with "clouds" (snow blocks), and will fall through them if he/she tries to stand on them.
    • Minor Optimizations.
    Version 0.22
    • Fixed arrow disappearing on bow use while flying.
    To Do...
    • Add a configuration file.
    • Read comments and steal add good ideas.

2. Offline

DarkshadeDX

This is an excellent idea for a plugin, and I think I'll definitely be using it.
    (Or I would be, the link is currently dead xP)

Also, /) -Brohoof-

I understand this is extremely ambitious, but here is my idea -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now essentially a pegasus is a flying horse, and there are very few flying animals in Minecraft, and definitely no horses.. Which is sad :(
    Now I know there are plugins which exist such as 'RideThaDragon' and 'DragonRider' or whatever it's called.

But anyway, my idea is to essentially GIVE the player a 'pegasus' or, another flying animal.
    I don't want to take anything away from the plugin just add too it, because it's great.

Ok so, let's say you do the /pfly command,
    Then a harmless bolt of lightning, or some other effect (Or a potion bubble effect?) comes down/happens and
    depending on what flying mob spawn egg you're holding, it takes away X amount of X item (Edittable in the config)

Ans also the spawn egg.
    And let's you ride around and control that creature til you land it (Or kill it)

As for dragons, it'd be the dragon egg block (ID: 126), plus it's useless anyway.

The idea of this is to pass it off as a temporary enchanted mount (I hope you see where I'm coming from)

I've visited a lot of mob riding threads, and read up on things similar to this idea, and I know bukkit cannot read what keyboards button you push, making control via the keyboard impossible, mobrider did this via fishing rods, but in my opinion it doesn't work very well.

So as I typed this I came up with alternatives -

- Maybe it could be done by firing an arrow in the direction you want to go (You'd have to make sure it didn't harm the animal)

- Throw a snowball in the direction you want to go.

- Face the direction you want to go and right click repeatedly to keep it going (Imagine each click as a 'flap') with an item of your choosing (Edittable in the config) This idea is probably my favourite one.

To dismount the mount, you'd do /pfly off, or something, perhaps left clicking, that would be nice.

And maybe make it so in the config you can edit it so it takes none of the items
    (Making mounts permanent)
    And if it is a permanent mount (Again, edittable in the config) maybe you could just left click with the egg to bring out the mount.

How the players get these items would of course be up to the server owner.

And who knows, maybe you could make temporary land animal mounts too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know all of this is probably far more than you were expecting as an idea for the plugin, or a response in general, but as soon as I saw this I saw a lot of potential, so sorry if I'm overhauling you with stuff.

Either way, a good plugin idea :)

3. Offline

Cyrushehe

Actually I finished this and put it on bukkitdev!
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/pegasus-flight/
    It's not a "Ride a character." plugin it's a "be the pegasus" plugin, it includes non-pegasi falling through clouds ;)
    The character actually flies like if they had their gamemode changed but they don't get the changed gamemode special stuff!

4. Offline

md_5

Latest RB in title please.

5. Offline

md_5

Latest RB in title please