Filled RPG - Level Block Breaking

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by G1R Productions, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Offline

G1R Productions

I looked around for a plugin that does the following idea but couldn't find anything.

Idea:
    Like mcmmo you level up stats like woodchopping and mining etc but with the addition of only being able to break certain blocks until a level is reached.

For example lets say to break an iron ore block you need a level 10 mining and to get the level 10 mining you need to mine a certain amount of coal to level up your mining

Example 2:
    Wood chopping level can only break oak logs but at level 10 wood chopping you can cut birch log

The key addition to all of this is the customization of blocks and the support of mod blocks based on block ideas instead of using block names in the bukkit directory.

If anyone has/seen a mod out there like this please link it or if you would be interested in creating such a plugin just post here with your ideas.

2. Offline

Chaositic

When you say mod blocks, are you talking about Forge items? Well any ways, there is a plugin that is similar to mcMMO but more customizable in the skills area. Custom Professions let's you set up the config with skills you want players to have and then set their expneeded for the next level. You can limit their permission to break blocks using another plugin but then have Custom Professions reward you with permissions granted by that plugin at certain levels.

An example config might look like:
    Code:
      Lockpicking:
        level 1:
          xpneeded: 100
          commands:
          - say A player gained level 1 in lockpicking
          skills:
          - Basic Locks 1
        level 2:
          xpneeded: 200
          commands:
          - say A player gained level 2 in lockpicking
          skills:
          - Basic Locks 2
        level 3:
          xpneeded: 300
          commands:
          - say Debug Message that this works.
          skills:
          - Basic Locks 3
        level 4:
          xpneeded: 400
          commands:
          - manuaddp @p [SIZE=13px][FONT=Andale Mono]lorelocks[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=13px][FONT=Andale Mono].[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=13px][FONT=Andale Mono]pick[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=13px][FONT=Andale Mono].[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=13px][FONT=Andale Mono]2[/FONT][/SIZE]
          skills:
          - Advanced Locks 1
    So basically this config says that you start out with the ability to unlock basic locks but when you reach level 4 in Lockpicking you get the permission to unlock Advanced Locks.
    Using this method you could configure a system where you have a plugin limiting permissions to do certain things. An example plugin for this might be Skript or some other plugin someone can recommend.
    If you want to see the plugin in action, click the video link in my signature for some basic examples.

I am the documenter for the plugin so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

3. Offline

G1R Productions

4. Offline

Chaositic

Correct. And you can have unlimited levels but as far as I know, only 13 skills can displayed at once which is the same for mcMMO I believe.

5. Offline

G1R Productions

Thanks alot I got this working exactly how I want it. The use of Blocknotif, Custom Professions, and skript work together perfectly.