[RPG] CraftRPG Level Based Item Usage and Crafting

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ProjectZain, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Offline

ProjectZain

Plugin category: RPG/Leveling

Suggested name: CraftRPG?

What I want: I'd like a plugin that creates a level based item usage/crafting system with different skills with a configurable EXP curve, configurable level restrictions, and a configurable max level. I'd also like a leader board system similar to the McMMO one so people can compete to get to the highest level.

Skill List:

Attack (Level Based Weapon Usage)

Experience is gained through fighting mobs and players!

Defense (Level Based Armor Usage)

Experience is gained when you successfully defend yourself from damage (right clicking while holding a sword).

Mining (Level Based Pickaxe Usage and Level Based Mining Restrictions)

Experience is gained when you mine blocks!

Lumberjack (Level Based Axe Usage)

Experience is gained when you chop down different types of trees!

Digging (Level Based Shovel Usage)

Experience for digging with a shovel.

Farming (Level Based Hoe Usage, Also Level Based Seed Usage)

Experience for tilling dirt, planting different seeds, and harvesting crops.

Smithing (Level Based Furnace Usage For Minerals, Level Based Restrictions on Fuel Sources)

Experience for smelting different resources.

Crafting (Level Based Crafting of Tools, Weapons, and Armor)

Experience for crafting tools, weapons, and armor.

Perhaps Possible API for other devs to add new skills and link their own plugins?

Why others will want it too: On almost every Minecraft Server I log into it's too easy to get diamonds and I feel like it makes the game less fun since everything is so easy to acquire. With this plugin, it would make it more challenging to get items on a server while also driving up the prices of tools and weapons in server stores. Gone will be the days where you would log into a server and see people running around in suits of diamond armor killing each other.

It will add a sense of accomplishment when you are finally able to equip that diamond sword!

Ideas for commands:

/craftrpg help - Displays a list of available commands
    /stats - Displays your current stats (levels, exp needed until next level)
    /topstats (skillname) - Displays the players with the highest level for (skillname)
    /expnotify (skillname) - Toggles notification of when you receive exp for completing a specific action.
    /expbypass - Allows a user to bypass the craftrpg restrictions (Admin Command)
    /craftrpg give (amount of exp) (skillname) (player) - Gives a player a specified number of experience for a specific skill (Admin Command)
    /craftrpg purge (skillname or All) (player) - Reset's a player's level for a specific skill. (Admin Command)
    /craftrpg see (player) - View a player's stats (Admin Command/Possible Player Command)

Ideas for permissions:
    craftrpg.help - Gives access to the help command
    craftrpg.stats - Gives access to the stats command
    craftrpg.topstats - Gives access to the topstats command
    craftrpg.notify - Gives access to the expnotify command
    craftrpg.admin - Gives access to all of the admin commands
    craftrpg.see - Gives players access to the see command

When I'd like it by: I realize that this isn't a small plugin, and I understand that it will take time to develop a plugin like this if possible at all. I'm currently in the development stages for an QUEST-RPG server that will be coming out next summer (which is why I'm making this thread now, to give interested developers time to work on it) and if possible I'd like to see a stable and usable release by then.

As a side note, I know that there are plugins that create leveling systems, like the Heroes plugin, but they aren't configurable enough for me to create a leveling system where I can restrict item usage. Most of the RPG Leveling plugins allow for CLASS SYSTEMS, which is not what I am looking for. They also add spells and abilities that I don't want my players using.

If you have any questions, please post them below.

I will have my development server up next week, and will be able to help you squash any bugs.

2. Offline

Woobie

Sounds like someone is trying to make a RuneScape server...

ProjectZain and javoris767 like this.
  3. Offline

ProjectZain

Meh, sort of. More than anything I just want to make it more challenging to acquire materials and use armor. I couldn't find any plugins that would do this so I decided to request it.

4. Offline

Woobie

Just admit it, we wont kill you.

ProjectZain likes this.
  5. Offline

ProjectZain

Alright fine... ;) It's kind of a runescape server (I used to play when I was younger), but it's not a direct copy of the actual game, I'm going to have my own main storyline (involving Herobrine) and tons of side quests to keep people busy while they wait for the next big part of the main quest.

6. Offline

Woobie

Herobrine died in 1.3
    Dont you read the minecraft changelog? :D

np98765 and ProjectZain like this.
  7. Offline

jacklin213

when i saw lumberjack, attack , defence and str i knew i was runescape lol
    I can help to test the plugin " (i have expirence with runescape)" <<< "" was a jk

8. Offline

ProjectZain

He's alive. He haunts my dreams every night. ALL HAIL HEROBRINE.

9. Offline

Woobie

Or was it?

10. Offline

ProjectZain

So is this something one of you guys would possibly be interested in developing :)?

11. Offline

Woobie

Too complicated for me, sorry :(

12. Offline

ProjectZain

That's alright :) , I'm sure someone else will come along who can help me.

13. Offline

Woobie

14. Offline

ProjectZain

15. Offline

jacklin213

i could help but not be the lead dev this is way too hard for me

16. Offline

QuantumDev

This sounds like an interesting challenge.

I'll start tomorrow ;)

ProjectZain

PM me your Skype so you can elaborate a bit more.

17. Offline

RingOfStorms

18. Offline

QuantumDev

Actually, it looks like those guys are updating it themselves.

That's sad, I really wanted to do it :'(

19. Offline

RingOfStorms

Ah yes sorry, it was inactive for the longest time, but it does look as if they will finish it quite soon. (Source: Comments)

So @ProjectZain check out that:

20. Offline

ProjectZain

I've already seen that, but it doesn't provide the functionality I'm looking for. While it does create all those skills, it does not allow you to limit crafting or use of specific items. It also adds "benefits" that I am not looking for.

21. Offline

RingOfStorms

I've used the pluign before, the perks can be turned off, and if htey can't request it.

They are remaking the plugin right now, look at that thread and post the features you want added in their forum.

I don't know if a developer is going to remake all of that, just to add a few small features, try to ask them first and see what happens.