Rotate Skull to face Location?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Dudemister1999, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dudemister1999

Hello! I've got a skull, and I need to know how to make it rotate to face a location. I know some math is involved to turn 360 possible directions to 8 definite directions. Is there a one-line solution? It feels like there is, I just can't see it. Thanks!

-Hydroxocoblalamin (OCHbl)

2. Offline

NathanWolf

Hmm - well if you can get the yaw and then divide by 45 degrees ... maybe something like this would work out?

Code:
    Location from = getFrom();
    Location to = getTo();

// BLOCK_FACES is something you have to initialize yourself with the proper order of faces, since the
    // BlockFace enum is not in the order you want, you can't just use BlockFace.values().

return BLOCK_FACES[(int)Math.floor(from.setDirection(to.toVector().subtract(from.toVector())).getYaw() / 45)];
    I would probably try to encapsulate some of that, though - one-liners are not always best :)

A helper method that converts from a yaw value to a BlockFace, and maybe one to return the yaw between two Locations (there is probably a better way than what I did there) would make this cleaner and more manageable.

Hopefully this is at least the right idea, though.

3. Offline

Dudemister1999

@NathanWolf Looks like it should work! Easier than what I had in mind. :eek: I'll try it out once I get home! Thank you!

NathanWolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.