Restoring map to save

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by dark navi, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dark navi

Hey guys, I am making an arena-type server, so I'd love it if I could restore the map to it's former glory after a match.

Right now I am disabling level saving on start-up. I was wondering if there is a way to get the world to reload it's self from it's file without restarting the server.

Thanks!

2. Offline

Sayshal

A whole world might be really hard, but I'd look at Mobarena, they can reset an entire arena in a world after the match concludes. (A 100x100x100 map caused me 3 second lag on a very strong computer, so a whole world...)

3. Offline

dark navi

What I don't understand is that restarting the server can do it almost instantly. Is there no way to load/unload a world from file? I don't want to replace an area via individual blocks like you suggest above, I want to completely reload the world.

4. Offline

Njol

Bukkit.unloadWorld(world, false) will unload a world without saving it.

5. Offline

dark navi

I obviously wasn't clear enough in my previous posts. I want to unload, and then reload the world.

6. Offline

Njol

I think the world is loaed automatically when it's required, e.g. when a player is teleported to it.

7. Offline

Jobi

Would it be ok to just replace every destroyed block? If it is ok, than i can send you a code!

8. Offline

Sorroko

I dont think it would be possible, replacing every single block would create a vast amount of lag. Reloading a world is the best way but it means you cant have any players in the world that you unload (Havent tried) so you would need a lobby world to be able to unload the arena world; Or it may be possible to kick everyone reload and then let everyone join again. But I am fairly sure you cant unload the main world.

9. Offline

DotEfekts

I use MultiVerse adventure when I'm running an adventure map server. Takes 10-20 seconds to restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.