[Request] Snowball Fight Minigame

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by [T3]thomasmccarron, Dec 1, 2012.

?

If you own a server, would you use this plugin?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Plugin category: Minigames

Suggested name: SnowWars

What I want: A plugin to create snowball fight arenas.
    • The arenas would be selected with a WorldEdit region ideally.
    • When a player joins an arena, it saves their old inventory and gives them [X] snowballs + a diamond shovel.
    • Players shouldn't be able to break blocks other than snowblocks in the arena
    • When a player falls of the platform and hits [Block] or falls out of [Snowball Arenaname], they lose and can't rejoin, or lose [x] lives, and when their lives drop below 1 they lose, otherwise they respawn on their teams side.
    • When a player loses, it should msg them saying they lost, tp them out of the arena and (kinda obviously, make them quit the game :p)
    • When a player joins an arena, it assigns them to [Team]. The teams should autobalance, and an area should be able to support any amount of teams.
    • When all of one team loses, it broadcasts it to all players in the game.
    • A feature to have players regen X snowballs every X seconds
    • When a snowblock is hit by a snowball, its size decreases by 1/8th [Gets replaced with 78:7-1 until it disappears]
    • Command(s) to be preformed on the winners
    • A minimum amount of players for the game to start
    • Some recording of player wins/loses in a database
    • Players shouldn't be able to join a game in progress
    Ideas for commands:
    /snowwars join [arenaname] [teamname]
    /snowwars startgame [arenaname]
    /snowwars create [regionname]
    /snowwars delete [regionname]

Ideas for permissions:
    snowwars.joingame [Allows a player to join a game]
    snowwars.chooseteam [Allows a player to choose which team they join]
    snowwars.createarena
    snowwars.deletearena
    snowwars.startgame
    snowwars.*

PM me if you are interested/have any questions please!

- Thomas

2. Offline

tj3651

3. Offline

alkarin

What you want is kind of a spleef/paintball arena. Check these out ArenaPaintball, ArenaSpleef. If a merge of those is what you are looking for I could just add the paintball damage into spleef. Otherwise it supports everything that you are talking about tracking, teams, balancing, teleportation, prizes, etc.

The two things a merge of these wouldn't do is the snowblocks damage on a snowball hit, and the lose if you fall off, otherwise respawn. Since right now it does one or the other, not a mix of both.

Check them out. If you like maybe I can try and merge them sometime after I finish my exams.