[request for bukkit] anti hack protection

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Necrodoom, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Necrodoom

hey0 had problems with hackers: flight, noclip, speeding, etc. what i suggest is adding more protection for servers. for example:
    blocking going 2 blocks over skylimit
    protection against entityless players

at the same time, you could add a fence fix, and maybe even server sided commands for flight, noclip and the like.

2. Offline

ledhead900

I actually came up with an idea on how to this but I just need someone to tak it up and play around with it.

The Idea
    Since flight hacks take you above the skybox limit we worked out if you were to check each players poistion update over time. For virtical increase such as if player has hit above the skyboxlimit with a little extra thrown in to account for the player jump standing on skylimit blocks.

Then you could easily coord check his vertical for this and if found above a certain limit of vertical coord he or she is eaither kicked or forced to spawn back at the spawn.

essentially the idea came to me from the borders plugin for the old Hmod that forced users back to spawn once they explored xx distance from spawn, This was important as well back when Alpha had map size limitations before it got slow.

I essentially want to try tacking the same concept but apply this to a vertical coordination.

and as for the no clip hack since essentially what this does is stop server tracking player poistion until they cancle the hack, what you can do is if a player was seen in the past xx via its position you then check when the last poision update was and the gap between the new poistion update if the was more then xx seconds then server detects that something is a miss and boots the player with a notification error saying it was due to his poistion taking to long to update!.

I think the above cracks the border between hackmods and safe hacks. due to the fact my idea is a global one and would effect every client connecting and every single type of no clip or fly hack. Making them all effectivly useless on smp servers with these config options enabled.

Now if only to get word of this to notch and some mod devs maybe they can toy around with it as I'm not down the the java code my self.

note: Im not familiar with how No-clip works I just assume it would loss track of that players poistion and update when its disabled.

3. Offline

strupan

bump because we need anti hack mod!

4. Offline

cjbh1996

tl;dr. Wasn't there some "player moved wrongly!" thing in hMod? Also, for your "2 blocks above build limit", a player could actually legally attain a position above 64 blocks above sea level, from a blast. Say a server was using some god mode plugin, and a player set up a minecart cannon 60 blocks above sea level. One could go flying upwards, maybe 5 blocks above build level.

5. Offline

Fob_Upset

Yes but a Anti-hack plugin would be easier to use.
    it could have settings like ban if player flymods etc...

6. Offline

Phase