[REQ]Unique Block

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by riuthamus, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Offline

riuthamus

PREMISE:
    Right now there is only a handful of blocks in the world that are non obtainable. This makes doing capture the flag and other type of events hard. The idea is to make a block ( any block ) have a unique ID associated with it that could be interfaced by other plugins. This would allow for countries or cities to own a color block, but it would have a unique ID associated with it making it part of that country. So, when a plugin maker makes a plugin that would have CTF they could easily tell what block was owned by what permissions group.

This could also be used in other ways, perhaps you wanted to reward players for owning or finding a block with a unique ID, quest plugins could then use this to allow you to have to find a VERY specific block, not just some random dirt block in the middle of no where. The options are endless!!

2. Offline

Orangenpresse

I like this idea, but I see a problem. If the block is in your Inventory and you go Offline, how will others get access to the block?

Maybe a global unique chest?

3. Offline

riuthamus

Hm.. this is possible, I will have to think of how best to handle that, i did not imagine that. Although in some cases that is okay. Maybe set a variable for what to do with a block when a user logs off.. make a chest where they logged off that would contain the item?