[REQ] Stop door gltich

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by HockeyMike24, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Offline

HockeyMike24

There is a door glitch that works with all the locking plugins for wooden doors. If you rapidly open the door and move forward you can get inside.

I would like to request a plugin that will damage you if you try and rapidly open a door.

Maybe have it work with trap and fence doors too.

2. Offline

littledanno

I approve of this idea. It's sometimes hard to do this... but when people do it... they can sometimes be a little... evil.

HockeyMike24 likes this.
  3. Offline

HockeyMike24

Any devs out there wanting to try this?

4. Offline

hammale

well its pretty hard to do...thats more of a bug than a plugin idea.

5. Offline

HockeyMike24

Couldn't you make it so that when you use the door to many times in a second you will lose half your health?

6. Offline

hammale

Hmm I guess u could do with a scheduler but the reason this happens is because of lag so Idk if that would do any good...

7. Offline

worstboy32

SuperSpawn already fixed this bug.
    I only dont like the extra things they have added.
    But it works great.

HockeyMike24 likes this.
  8. Offline

HockeyMike24

I looked into SuperSpawn and I don't think it fixes it. But it does fix the getting inside a door and relogging.

9. Offline

worstboy32

It does fix it ;)
    I requested a plugin like this before and they added it in there plugin.
    Works great i only don't like the spawn function of it so not using it anymore.
    But when your relog in a object you don't spawn on the first y point but on exact the same location.
    So that means no more relog glitches ;)

EDIT:: Failllllll Sorry totaly misreaded your post.
    Indeed this does not fix it sorry :S
    And nobody will be able to fix this bug.
    It is requested a lot time and it is a bug that can't be fixed it is just because of delay in server ticks.

10. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Anyone working on this? This might fit into what i know how to do

Which plugins exactly are giving this problem? I need it for testing.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
    HockeyMike24 likes this.
  11. Offline

HockeyMike24

I think this problem happens with any door lock plugin. I use Lockette and Towny's lock system. Thanks for your effort!

12. Offline

mrcheesete0

if you use LWC tell your players to use iron doors, they are openable without any current if lwc'd, but should stop the bug because they don't normally open by being hit.

13. Offline

HockeyMike24

That's what I have been doing. But players shouldn't have to worry about having people breaking though wooden doors.

14. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Oh dear, maybe it's not the best time for me to say I can make something. I'm quite busy :p But i'll help out anyone who has ideas.

15. I have an idea: Create a bug report at bukkits bug tracker instead of trying to fix this via plugins... If somebody here had done this before I bet we had this in the 1.1 RB... <.<

16. Offline

HockeyMike24

This has been possible for a long time now, I don't think its a bug I think its caused by lag. You go to open a door and it opens then what ever lock plugin you use kicks in after the door has been opened. It's at that time you can glitch into the door and rapidly right click to try to get in before the lock plugin shuts the door.

17. @HockeyMike24: If you cancel the event which opens the door, the door is never opened at the server, so the servers clipping should prevent you from passing the door. If you can it's definitive a bug.

acuddlyheadcrab likes this.
  18. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

I thought there would be a quick fix to this, but nope. Sorry! :p