[REQ] REMOVE SPAM from console

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by actionforgames, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Offline

actionforgames

I think there is a lot of Admins that have problems with reading Console :)
    Because there is few plugins that post spam messages and there is no way to disable it.

Can someone make plugin that will remove all messages from specific plugin and messages like "16 more..."

Example of specific plugin Spam (I get new message every second):
    Example of "..16 more" (Get new message every 0.3 second):

2. Offline

BobbyD441

3. Offline

actionforgames

I don't want to disable all logging... I want plugin that will disable logging of another plugin.

There should be plugin like: "RemoveConsoleMessage"

With config.yml
    It is that simple :)

Edit

Developer of "DropSwap" is not online anymore since May :( Probably he won't fix this spam

4. Offline

BobbyD441

There's nothing to fix:
    =)

5. Offline

actionforgames

I have this in config.yml
    What sould I do to remove logging ?

6. Offline

BobbyD441

Change logging: INFO to logging: SEVERE
    That's it =)

7. Offline

Elon_Than

Why you need logs when you want to disable error messages? That's why log file exists at all.

8. Offline

actionforgames

This is config.myl:

logging: INFO
    permissions: false
    dropswap:
    - ZOMBIE, additem, GOLD_NUGGET, 0.5, 1, 2
    - SPIDER, additem, GOLD_NUGGET, 0.5, 1 ,2
    - SKELETON, additem, GOLD_NUGGET, 0.5, 1 ,2
    - CREEPER, additem, GOLD_NUGGET, 0.5, 2 ,2

I need logs, for see all converstaion of my players & other plugins (FoundDiamond)
    But If I get 1000x message of some error this is un-useful

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  9. Offline

Elon_Than

If you see error in logs, you should disable plugin and send error report to developer as soon as possible.

10. Offline

actionforgames

Lol, the developer of this plugin is not active anymore xD And plugin works fine... But it post a spam.

11. Offline

Elon_Than

And this is so funny that you wrote "lol"?

12. Offline

actionforgames

Because I can't do anything here :/ Developer is gone, and I have spaw in my console with working plugin.

13. Offline

BobbyD441

like i said...

14. Offline

TheKalem

Hi All, I realize this was written a few weeks ago, but I'm not gone! Just busy with real-life and work. I'm sorry that you feel that the logging was spamming your console. Maybe I should have had it report errors only by default. The plug-in page did talk about how to change the logging level - sorry it was not clear. I am happy to hear that it is working fine for you and that you are enjoying it.

Have fun,
    - TheKalem

15. Offline

dxwarlock

If your getting those "x more..." message you have a BIG problem with a plugin. you need to find a fix to the problem, not try to find a way to disable knowing there is a problem.

Its like getting shot in the arm..going "crap I'm bleeding, look at that"...then tossing on a heavy coat and saying "There, cant see the wound or the blood, problem solved!"

Lionhard likes this.