[REQ]Name-editing by WorldGuard region[Newly FORMATTED]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by 1cec0ld, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Offline

1cec0ld

Plugin category: Mech ?

Suggested name: WorldGuardLabel

A bit about me: 20, know year 1 C++, been running a server for about 10 months, primary technical user with files and plugin related business.

What I want:
    I'm looking for a way to edit/append user's names/ranks by 'detecting' which worldguard region they own, or which region it has a parent to.

Summary/tl;dr
    Plugin sees predefined WG region name's owner, adds a configurable tag onto owner name without overwriting nickname/PEX rank.

For example, Jake owns MadCity, and John owns HappyHouse1 in HappyCity. (Gimme a break here, I'm original)

Plugin config says:
    Code:
    HappyCity : &b[H]
    MadCity : &4[M]

etc
    Worldguard config says:
    Code:
        HappyCity:
            type: cuboid
            min: {x: 157.0, y: 45.0, z: 879.0}
            max: {x: 236.0, y: 127.0, z: 991.0}
            priority: 0
            flags: {pvp: deny, mob-spawning: deny}
            owners: {}
            members: {}
        MadCity:
            min: {x: 157.0, y: 45.0, z: 879.0}
            max: {x: 236.0, y: 127.0, z: 991.0}
            priority: 0
            flags: {pvp: deny, mob-spawning: deny}
            owners: [Jake]
        HappyHouse1:
            min: {x: 204.0, y: 0.0, z: 964.0}
            max: {x: 216.0, y: 127.0, z: 979.0}
            priority: 3000
            flags: {}
            owners: [John]
            parent: HappyCity

So, the plugin Sees the city name in its config, looks for it in the world/plugins/worldguard/worlds/world/regions.yml file, checks for owner of the city, and would make Jake into &4[M]Jake.
    Then it would continue searching and check if {city_name} is part of the "parent: {city_name}" section. If it is, check the owner and make (in this case) John into &b[H]John.

I run essentialsChat for the prefix compatibility, but also run PEX for pre-existing prefixes. The only trouble I'm having so far is connecting some way to sense worldguard owners. When the owner is added, we could /pex user (name) prefix "whateverTheyAlreadyAre&b[H]&f" but thats a lot of effort per house bought and sold, and also overwrites any rank they get from promotions within PEX.
    Another idea was factions, but thats a lot of plugin for a fairly simple edit to a name, not to mention no relation to worldguard at all.

I hope someone feels willing to approach this, and I'll happily expand on how I'd see it working from a coder's point of view. I know year 1 C++ so the logic seems possible, I just can't code it into a Bukkit Plugin.

Summary/tl;dr
    Plugin sees predefined WG region name's owner, adds a configurable tag onto owner name without overwriting nickname/PEX rank.

Ideas for commands: None needed, auto senses the owners. Probably on startup is when it would do its assignments. EDIT: Unless a /wgl reload command could be used to change config options/force an update of the owner checking.
    Ideas for permissions: None needed
    When I'd like it by: Whenever possible, I've had bad experiences with lazy developers (his words not mine) so if you're working, please let me know I shouldn't keep looking and insult your time already spent.
    Similar plugin requests: None found?
    Devs who might be interested in this: I'm not familiar with any developers in this community yet, nor am I bold enough to enlist one or assume to know they'd be interested.

Thank you for any consideration and time.

Formatted, and a few minor details, like when it should run its update, added.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016