[REQ] Lightweight Auto-Promotion Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Nentify, May 20, 2012.

1. Hello,

There are two plugins that have been released named "AutoGroup" and "AutoRank". They both don't work in the way I want them to, in which AutoGroup is specifically aimed at rank promotions from what I've seen and tried, and AutoRank provides a whole lot of spam when checking your time and doesn't promote you while online, nor does it count your full time.

So. Here is my request:

--

Plugin category: Administration/General

Suggested name: AutoPromote

A bit about me: I'm a server owner who is in need of a lightweight, full functional plugin that does what it needs to do. I wanted to suggest this as all the plugin's I have tried haven't seemed to do what I need them to.

What I want: I would like a plugin which counts your online time in (maybe seconds, not too significant) minutes, days, hours, weeks and even months. There will be a command to view how long you have spent online. After x hours (configurable in the config file), you will automatically be promoted in-game - A configurable message will be sent to the server like "%player has just been promoted to y!".

Ideas for commands:
    • /playtime, /onlinetime, /time, /timecheck (General ideas)
    • Perhaps the only other 2 commands really would be to see another players time, to set another players time and to reload the plugin.
    • That's it really, just a simple plugin with a one or two commands you have to remember that will promote you when you've played for the configured time.
    Ideas for permissions:
    • autopromote.check
    • autopromote.check.other
    • autopromote.set
    When I'd like it by: I don't really mind, within a few days if possible - Will pay and help if needed. Feel free to contact me via PM or on the thread if you're willing to help, whether for free or for a payment.

Similar plugin requests: None.

Devs who might be interested in this: Anyone who's interested in creating an easy to use and simple configured plugin that auto-promotes users based on time.

2. Offline

Edge209

This will do what you want but may not meet your definition for "light" since it does a lot more. Configurable output will be available in an update planned to happen this week.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/ontime/

3. Edge209

Do you not think you could create two versions of the plugin? Perhaps OnTimeLW and OnTimeExtended?
    I'd much prefer this if it's possible, thanks for the reply though!

4. Offline

zathrus

for a lightweight alternative, try to Build your own | CommandsEX plugin - it has /playtime command as well as timed-auto-promotion feature and you can only pick those 2 and trash the unnecessary rest of the plugin if you don't need it ;)

5. Wow, thanks for that! This sort of thing is truly the future of Bukkit imo. :)

zathrus likes this.