*REQ* Hidden admin commands for non OPs

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by nicemikkel10, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Offline

nicemikkel10

Hidden Commands

Hi, I'm requesting a Hidden Commands plugin, basically a plugin that if you add /hc before a command it would make it Non-OP
    Here are some examples:
    /hc eco %value% %value% %value% - /eco %value% %value% %value% - Like /hc eco give nicemikkel 2000 would do /eco give nicemikkel 2000
    /hc time %value% - /time %value% - Like /hc time day would do /time day
    /hc ban %value% - /ban %value% - Like /hc ban nicemikkel would do /ban nicemikkel
    /hc kick %value% - /kick %value% - Like /hc kick nicemikkel would do /kick nicemikkel
    /hc i %value% %value2% - /i {player} %value% %value2% - Like /hc item diamondsword 2 would do /i nicemikkel diamondsword 2 (giving me 2 diamondswords)
    /hc weather %value% - /weather %value% - Like /hc weather day would do /weather day

If it's too much work to make it an automatic prefix (like make it so even with new commands you can add /hc, if i like download random plugins the plugin will automatically make a command like /hc /wand with worldedit and such) you can just make preset commands for the things I listed.

I hope I'm not troubling any plugin creators with this :p I'd like to learn java myself, I just can't get into it.. I don't know why.

Thanks for reading, and maybe even considering making this! (P.S. Feel free to ask any questions)
    Skype: Mikkel12345678910 if you want to ask LIVE questions about it, or just wanna talk :D

2. Offline

LaxWasHere

I don't get it. You want command macros?

3. Offline

JazzaG

Is this supposed to be like sudo?

4. Offline

nicemikkel10

Well, It's just like. If you type /hc infront of a command, it will be non op (like verybody can use the command) like /hc time day will be non op. and /hc give nicemikkel dirt 64 will be non op. Basically a command prefix that will make all commands non op, that i will only tell trusted people about (i would want /hc stop to be blocked, as the only reason im not giving these people admin is because i dont trust them not stopping the server)

5. Offline

JazzaG

6. Offline

nicemikkel10

I want my fellow admins to be able to do /stop though :l

7. Offline

LaxWasHere

Ever heard of a permissions plugin?

8. Offline

1mpre55

You're not the first person to have this problem. Many admins before you needed to limit what ops can do and they got the idea for permissions. Please read more about permissions. You can start with PermissionsEX basics

9. Offline

CeramicTitan

10. Offline

1mpre55

11. Offline

nicemikkel10

o_o... I don't want permissions on my server though. That is the reason i requested this kind of plugin

12. Offline

Necrodoom

no one will build you a customized plugin just because you dont want to use permissions, however.

1mpre55 and Codex Arcanum like this.
  13. Offline

1mpre55

This is not the place to request custom plugins. You might want to ask someone in the server forum or make the plugin yourself. This forum is for people who have new ideas for plugins, not admins that refuse to use the existing tools.
    Here is another problem: a couple weeks from now you might decide that you don't trust your players to use /ban as well. Are you going to ask someone to write a new plugin for you? Or would you rather add 1 line to permissions.yml and reload the permissions plugin?

Use any one of these:

14. Offline

Zoroark173

I recommend using the permissions plugin Groupmanager! Just make different ranks of Admins, I.e., Jr. Mod, Mod, Super Mod, Jr. Admin, Admin, Jellyfish, Super Admin, etc., and give the permissions to each group, and then assign your friends to the groups based on what commands you would like them to have.