[REQ]Game economy permissions purchases[FORMATTED]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Machete.Panda, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Offline

Machete.Panda

Plugin category: Economy/Permissions​

Suggested name: PermissionsShop​

A bit about me: I'm a server owner that is looking for exciting plugins.​

What I want: I would like to have gifts for donations to my server be in the servers currency only(iConomy), but let players purchase specified permission groups that will give them features they currently receive with our donations system. Ideally you can set how long these permission are available after purchase(30 days, 365 days, 7 days)​
    For example: If someone wants FireLord plugin features, they will donate $5 to the site. They will receive 100,000 in game cash. From there, in-game, they can pull up a permissions list where they can buy FireLord with their in-game cash.​

Ideas for commands:
    /PermissionsShopList <page> - a list of permissions for sale with their price, and description(pulled from a config file which include what permission groups are for sale)​
    /PermissionsShopBuy <id>- Purchase a permission with am ID​
    /PermissionsShopAddGroup <groupname> <time it lasts> <Price> <"Description"> - Ability to add permissions groups in-game​
    /PermissionsShopRemove <groupname> - The group will no longer be for sale in the Permissions Shop​

Ideas for permissions: PermissionsShop.Buy, PermissionsShop.List, PermissionsShop.AddGroup(admin), PermissionsShop.RemoveGroup(admin)​

Willing to pay up to: $10 - I would be happy to be the first to donate to this.​

When I'd like it by: Soon, we could really use this before we roll out our changes to our server.​

Similar plugin requests: PayToBuild, PermissionsShop, ExpSkills(cumbersome), PermissionIconomy

Devs who might be interested in this: @DigitalTyrant @codename_B @TechGuard @SirHedgehog

Edit: I think I did the tags wrong. :p

2. Offline

iTzFusiioNx

I'm on it.

Just to summarize:
    You want a sort of 'credit system' by which people can buy permissions.

3. Offline

Machete.Panda

Not exactly. I want a shop that people can use their in-game currency (iConomy) to purchase permission groups.

The ultimate goal is to simplify our donation system and give people that earn the money the hardway(killing mobs or selling gold) a method to eventually be able to buy a permission group with out needing to donate.

4. Offline

Syd

@Machete.Panda
    If you have some problems with ExpSkills, you should tell me what I need to improve.^^

5. Offline

iTzFusiioNx

I don't work well with the iConomy API - find someone else.

6. Offline

Machete.Panda

This plugin is still up for grabs to a talented developer. The previous interested party dropped. :)

Just too cumbersome. Im looking for something simple. All the bells and whistles look kewl if I needed them. But I really dont want to figure it all out and do all this setup for something so simple. Thanks though. :)

lol, you and everyone else. :) Poor iConomy. Thanks

7. Offline

Machete.Panda

Hmmm I was thinking... is this something you could do with gold ingots?

8. Offline

codename_B

the iConomy API is easy.

If you're wanting something to just add a group when someone pays cash that's pretty simple for me to do XD

9. Offline

Machete.Panda

If your interested in doing it, just PM me the project page and I'll help test and donate.

10. Offline

SaintSin

I would definitely something as cool as this on my server and I would donate for this too. Let me know if its picked up!

11. Offline

codename_B

It's now on my to-do list.
    Would it be ok if I put it into my bPermissionsSigns plugin? (so they click a sign and optionally pay cash to rank up)

12. Offline

Machete.Panda

For me its going to be a pivotal part of allowing the players to manage their own permissions groups while also reducing permissions management by allowing me to set the amount of time they have it and it expiring. Ideally they can also access the "permissions buy menu" with a command anywhere on the server.

I would like a command but I also see the benefit of them seeing a sign for it and being able to 'get it' right away. Can there be both a command and sign?

EDIT: oh... and I just realized bpermissions is not short for the official bukkit permissions, right? I have the offical Bukkit Permissions. Will Permissions Shop work with official bukkit permissions? I would need that.

13. Offline

codename_B

That'd be a no, since the official bukkit permissions is pretty much dead

14. Offline

Machete.Panda

really? Every plugin on my server is using it.

15. Offline

codename_B

Really?
    Fair enough.

They might just be using Superperms? (which most managers use these days)

16. Offline

Machete.Panda

Is there a bridge to bPermissions for bukkit permissions?

17. Offline

codename_B

To the api? For getting/setting groups?
    No.
    For checking permissions, no need for a bridge, it's superperms.

18. Offline

Machete.Panda

hmm... So what if it worked with Superperms seeing as there is a bridge to bukkit permissions for that?

19. Offline

codename_B

bPermissions is a superperms manager.

20. Offline

Machete.Panda

So I guess it would work correct? :)

21. Offline

codename_B

if all you're doing is permissions yes

22. Offline

Machete.Panda

Kewl! :) Are you still up for this?

23. Offline

codename_B

It's on my todo list

24. Offline

ThatBox

if @codename_B gives up the project or becomes busy I will make this. But it would need Vault.

Machete.Panda likes this.
  25. Offline

Syd

@Machete.Panda
    I still don't know what your exact problem with ExpSkills is.

If you tell me I could improve my plugin.
    Actually it sounds like "your plugin has to may features"...

26. Offline

codename_B

me is busy

ThatBox likes this.
  27. Offline

Machete.Panda

28. Offline

codename_B

No, I know you mean that one.

And I will let you know when I need testing help :p trust me on this

SaintSin and Machete.Panda like this.
  29. Offline

Machete.Panda

I dont know if your both working on this together, but I was speaking with Syd and worked out an idea on the config file. I dont know if it would help with your ideas, but here it is:
    Code:
    general:
        use_economy: true
        time_values_in: days #you can pick seconds, minutes, hours, days
    PermissionShop: #Below are the permission groups for sale in the shop
        VIP1: #This name must match the group name in your permissions file
            cost: 200000
            description: Fire Lord capabilities.
            time: 30
            nodes:
                - 'foo.bar'
        VIP2:
            cost: 100000
            description: Teleporter capabilities.
            time: 30
            nodes:
                - 'foo.bar'
    Just an idea of a lay out for a lay-man like me. :) Included is an hi-jacked idea for adding specific permissions nodes.

30. Offline

codename_B

I'll take that into account when I design mine :)