[Req] DaySpawn - Monsters spawn during the day!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by odielag, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Offline

odielag

With Heroes having been released people love to kill monsters, but it's so hard to see them during the night... this is where DaySpawn would shine... Monsters would spawn during the day so people could see the monsters they're killing. This could work in cooperation with the Sunscreen plugin (which keeps monsters from burning).

This functionality would be great if someone made it, and if desired there could be a config file specifying when during the day/night a spawn/s would happen!

2. Offline

odielag

Does anyone know if this functionality already exists in a plugin?

3. Offline

DrBowe

This is certainly possible, but as I've been testing onCreatureSpawn extensively over the past few days, I can confidently say that it would be difficult to do without some issues. Any attempt to 'replace' a certain type of spawn with another, leads to some bizarre spawning loops that cause the server to crash (eventually).

You can manage to 'work around' this by storing all the current mobs on the map, and limiting the amount of spawns manually...but it becomes very difficult to keep up with all the lists without weighing down the server.

I'll definitly give this a shot when I get more free time, if another developer doesn't come along and pick this up for you.