[REQ] BetterSleep - Skip night in steps based on percentage of players asleep

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by cyberdude, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Offline

cyberdude

My idea derives from AnyoneSleep

I am thinking it would be cool if someone could write a plugin could "fast forward" the time when x percentage are sleeping.
    So as not to skip the night in a split second, but allow the night to pass by for example in 1 minute (Preferably configurable). If this is possible at all?
    I am guessing that once a player goes to sleep it holds the player until it reaches as certain time of day (Or clicks wake up), then basically just set the time in intervals faster than normal speed. Thus still allowing night to pass for players outside (Just quicker) instead of just skipping the night, like many of the Bed/Sleep plugins do.
    If there are many players on a server there will always be someone just going to bed just for fun, or one that wants to skip the night, and all of those out killing zombies or whatever will miss out on the fun (If using any of the plugins that skips the night). So allowing the night to pass by faster allows players to still experience nighttime, while giving some functionality to the beds.
    If the "faster night" idea is implemented, the speed could also be based on the x percentage of players sleeping. So if 1 of 10 is sleeping, night passes by a bit faster. If 3 of 10 is sleeping, it will pass by 3 times faster, or something similar.
    I don't like the plugins that will monitor players for idle time, and then skip when all non idling players sleeps.
    My idea embraces the use of beds if you want to skip night, but still allows everybody to experience night. If everybody agrees to go to bed, or most players does it will skip the night quicker.
    I think my idea gives more use to beds than current solutions.

Is this remotely possible? Would it be feasible without too much work and too many bugs?
    Should of course be configurable.

Anybody up for it?