[REQ] A 'legit' trade plugin. See inside for details!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Huts, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Darq

I don't want to look through 100+ pages to see if someone else started this, so I'll make a new thread.
    Hello.

I've been running a server since March, and since then have probably spent a days worth simply LOOKING for this plugin.

I'm a believer in keeping the game as vanilla as possible, with few restrictions, and few silly features. Just some automations and trust in players not doing silly things (Has gone well so far)

All plugins I see for Automatic chest trading (Owner sets up shop, and can safely leave for other people to trade items with) tend to require a Economy plugin. I hate the idea of a virtual currency in Minecraft, and would like to keep trading to physical, usable in-game items.

I know of 2 or 3 that allow trading of real items, but these few also force you to set an item that will be used in every trade. I use PhysicalShop at the moment for this, which is brutally out-dated and I'm forced to set a fixed currency with it. In my case, Iron.

Anyway, what I want is something that will allow users to set both the trade items of a shop.

Say I wanted to sell some pumpkins in exchange for diamond, I could write
    Code:
    [Clever-plugin-shop-name-that-isn't-this-long]
    [2:Diamond]
    [64:Pumpkin]
    Huts
    That could be the syntax on a sign for a show owner to take 2 diamonds for 64 pumpkin. Of course this could be changed to be more compact, add more functionality, you could even change the overall shape of the shop to allow more signs, shop owners, etc.

Say to sell AND buy pumpkins, and diamonds, we could do:
    Code:
    [Clever-plugin-shop-name-that-isn't-this-long]
    [2:264][64:86]
    [70:86][2:264]
    Huts
    First line gives the option to once again take 2 diamonds for 64 pumpkins. Second option gives the option to take 70 pumpkins at the cost of 2 diamonds. (Profit!) Once again, something could be implemented to make everything look more neat, and give more functionality, etc.

Those two are just very rough examples, the idea was to show how you could set two different item ID's, or item names, and trade them freely. You'd write all the info on a sign, and put a chest nearby, most likely below or beside to hold the shop's inventory. It could either automatically lock or get locked with Lockette. (Another plugin that I use & love)

With some more creative input and someone with the Java/bukkitAPI knowledge, I believe this could turn into a very popular and one of the more valued ones on my own server.

The creator (if there is one) will definitely receive a donation for their time.

Thank you! :)

-Huts

You folks better reply...

2. Offline

dak393

Well imo when players trade like that (and in real life) they barter and dynamically change what they offer I don't see how well it would work with a sign/chest based system. Even if you set a minimum (so you don't get ripped off) then everyone just trades at that. I have seen plugins that do most of what you want (just exchanging items basically) but maybe you are looking for something more like this?