Removing the <> from chat

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by moon_dust4, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

moon_dust4

Hey, I was trying to google my way through this one, but I just can't seem to solve it, the carrots that appear before and after a name in minecraft aren't going away despite what I do to the formatting in chat...

what I have:
    #format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    format: '{GROUP}{DISPLAYNAME} : {MESSAGE}'

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

moon_dust4

Attached Files:

4. Offline

@moon_dust4 I think that massivecore is overriding the format.

5. Offline

moon_dust4

@timtower It doesn't look like it is, it only have 2 json files, each with no indication that it's adding <> to the chat, unless I'm missing something? I'm not entirely sure

@timtower Oh wait a second, if i remember correctly, massivecore is the parent for factions, and factions has it's own chat thing

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

It does indeed have that.

7. Offline

moon_dust4

@timtower Thanks for being the second half of my brain haha, needed someone to point me in the right direction!

Second thought, never mind, it hasn't solved the problem, they are still present...

@timtower I still haven;t managed to fix it, i changed the "setChatFormat" to false in the factions config, but the chat format still spits out the <>

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
  8. Offline

moon_dust4

I'm still stuck... I have dealt with the factions portion, but my issue still persists

9. Offline

ITGuy12

I'll make a plug-in for you that removes them. Just let me know the format!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: oops double posted... Anyways, I've already made this one. If you want your players or yourself to be able to type colors in chat give them the permission chat.color with my plugin. If not, ignore that!

GitHub.com/JavaGuy12/ColorChat/releases

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.