Region based Permission Changes

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by mike0fmikes, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Offline

mike0fmikes

Plugin category: Admin

Suggested name: RegionPerms?

A bit about me: Er...trying to stick to correct formatting... As far as this forum is concerned I'm a moderator for a small server and would like a plugin developed

What I want: A plugin that can change a person's permission-group based on the area that they are in. It can either use world guard regions (preferable) but must be able to define a cuboid area. The later would be imperative, the former would just be a bonus.

Ideas for commands: Commands to edit the region would be nice, as well as change the group associated with the region. However, I don't think commands are even necessary (Frankly, I'd rather have everything configured in a config.yml with a /reload command). Install > add areas to the config > add permissions to the area > restart server(or execute a command to reload the plugin) > enjoy

Ideas for permissions: Permissions to edit the region and edit the group association would help; but permissions could default to OP and the plugin would still work IMO

Willing to pay up to: $20 (guaranteed, paid on delivery of working product, PM me)

When I'd like it by: The sooner the better, by this weekend would be ideal.

Similar plugin requests: None that I know of

Devs who might be interested in this: Anyone with some time who wants a little money

Anyone? I would think it'd be a pretty easy $20

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  2. Offline

EarlyLegend

I would like this too, so if this gets made I would be very grateful if you tagged me with @EarlyLegend to keep me up to date with development progress. Thanks!

(Subtle bump :p)

If no one is interested then I will have to look into attempting it myself :( and I'm a java noob :(

3. Offline

Atomic Fusion

What permissions system were you thinking of?
    With the built in super perms it ought to be fairly easy:
    1. Person steps in region "spawn".
    2. Person receives permission "regionperms.region.spawn".
    3. Person steps out.
    4. Person loses that permission.
    The server admin makes parent nodes out of the regionperms.region. nodes, allowing them to choose what permissions are given for each region without the plugin having to deal with them at all.

4. Offline

EarlyLegend

Yeah it doesn't matter what the permission is that is given to the player, although a configurable one would be best. :) but yes your steps are exactly what I need, though I don't know about what @mike0fmikes wants :p

5. Offline

mike0fmikes

Yeah, that sounds like what I'm looking for...however I can't find instructions on it anywhere. I've read through the bukkit wiki and searched the boards....but nothing says anything about regionperm nodes.

6. Offline

EarlyLegend

So are you going to take up the plugin? :)

7. Offline

codename_B

I could do an addon for bPermissions to do this in regions, but I'd look for other devs to help with it.

8. Offline

EarlyLegend

Well post back here if you decide to take it, so we know where to look ;)

9. Offline

iffa

I can try. So a config with region name and permissions to receive?

10. Offline

EarlyLegend

Yeah I think so :D

11. Offline

EarlyLegend

Aah no one is taking it! It can't be that hard can it?

12. Offline

iffa

Ice already madea prototype

13. Offline

amunro

Im going to develop something like this that hooks into worldguard regions, although I can't start work on it for atleast a week :(

EarlyLegend likes this.
  14. Offline

EarlyLegend

Brilliant! Nevermind, a week is fine :) I'm just glad that someone is going to develop it! :D