Filled ReferralReward

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by FireFlies, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FireFlies

Minecraft version: 1.7

Plugin name: ReferralReward

What I want: I need a plugin that would give players who invite new players to the server a reward.
    It would work like this:
    - The player who wants to invite his friend has to type: /refer [friend IGN cASe-sEnSItiVe]
    - The plugin checks that [friend] is a new player, meaning he hasn't connected on the server AT ALL.
    - The plugin checks that [friend] is not on the same IP as any player, to avoid people using alts.
    - Once the invited friend joins the server for the first time, he has to type /redeem (referrer)
    - If the name is right then the referred and referrer get the rewards set in the config (run commands to set rewards)

Here's and example:
    I'm a random player pvping on my server and I notice that if you refer a new player to the server, to play with you, you get some nice perks.
    So I go on my skype and message this person that would like to play with me. Let's say this person's IGN is Notch.
    Before the person joins I would type in-game /refer Notch.
    Notch tells me in skype "sure this sounds cool! I'll be right there, what's the IP?".
    Then Notch joins the server and he is prompted with a message: "&bYou have been referred by FireFlies, type &a/redeem FireFlies &bfor an awesome reward."
    When he does the command, he get's rewarded, and I get rewarded since I invited a new player to the server.

There would have to be separate rewards for the referrer and referred, for example the referrer gets 500$ and the referred gets 250$

I would need to be able to set messages given when players receive their rewards, such as "&aThanks for inviting a friend, here is your reward!" (referrer) and "&aWelcome to the server, have a good stay!" (referred) and the players would get their rewards.

Players can only refer up to 5 people.

Players can only refer and redeem 1 person, to avoid duping.

No permissions

Commands:
    /refer (player)
    /redeem (referrer)

When I'd like it by: ASAP!

Thank you,

- FireFlies

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. Offline

Skrubzy

Not to be rude or anything but...What's the point in doing this lol just sounds like it'll just be a waste of the player's time

DuaneTheDev_ likes this.
  3. Offline

DuaneTheDev_

@FireFlies

Like @Skrubzy said, not to be rude, but I have a few questions.

Why does it need to be case sensitive
    Wouldn't this just cause new players to be spammed a ton of requests only for their beneficial reasons
    Why can't the player just get cash, without needing to generate some 6-digit number
    So you invite someone to be your friend, is that it? No commands like /friends list or /friend teleport

4. Offline

FireFlies

Guys I see your confusion but I don't think you understand me. The plugin rewards people for bringing new players to the server, you invite someone TO the server. Not to be your friend ON the server. It's a referral system.

Ok here's and example:
    I'm pvping on this server I like and I notice that if you invite a new player to the server, to play with you, you get some nice perks.
    So I go on my skype and message this person that would like to play with me. Let's say this person's IGN is Notch.
    Before the person joins I would type in-game /refer Notch.
    It would give me a random code such as 359187.
    Notch tells me in skype "sure this sounds cool! I'll be right there, what's the IP".
    Then Notch joins the server and I tell him over skype to do /redeem 359187 for a cool reward.
    When he does the command, he get's rewarded, and I get rewarded since I invited a new player to the server.

The whole point is to have people bring new players to the server and therefore make it more known. Sure some of the invited players might leave, but most might stay and try things out before deciding. Players are bringing more players in and get rewarded for it. It's not an in-game friend system, it's a form of advertisement. It's called referring, you get rewarded for taking about your server to other people.

5. Offline

Skrubzy

Wouldn't it be simpler without a number code?
    Like a player (Example name: John362) is going to refer another player (Example name 2: Jim818) to the server.

John362 would type "/refer Jim818" before (or after, within 15 minutes) Jim818 joins the server.
    When Jim818 joins the server, he could be prompted with a configurable message telling him what to type -
    And so Jim818 would type "/referrer John362"

John would get 5 diamonds for referring a player and Jim gets 1 diamond for being refereed
    (Or whatever you configure the item/amount to)

There's no need for number codes, that just sounds like too much of a hassle for the player.
    Once Jim818 has been on the server for more than 15 minutes, no one can "/refer Jim818" anymore.

To prevent exploits and duplications
    The player who has been referred would only be able to type "/referrer <player>" Once, and it has to be within 15 minutes of their first join. This way, only one player will get the 5 diamonds (Or whatever you have the reward set to)
    However, the defined player must of refereed the player first "/refer <player>"
    Each IP address can only "/refer" 3 players at max. No more.

6. Offline

FireFlies

Yes I also thought that it would be easier to just do with player names. But since my network has a hub, and the plugin would only work within, for example, the pvp server, people would be able to check who new player logged onto the hub and quickly refer them before they log into the pvp server. It wouldn't really matter and would be hard to do for the player so whatever.
    Each IP address would be able to refer max 5 players, not 3, like I set into the thread. But it's really important that someone can be referred only once, and redeem only once.
    And it would work in the way that the player being referred CANNOT have logged in at any time before, since people would spam new players to redeem their code etc.

7. Offline

Skrubzy

You could fix the hub issue by making it so that they have to be referred before the log onto the server for the first time, but I think that should be optional in the config.yml (So a variety of server owners can toggle this depending on their server's situation)

Note: I have no idea how to code, so I won't be making this myself (In case you got that impression)
    I'm just trying to clarify for any coders inserted in making this - So they won't be as confused as I was before.

8. Offline

FireFlies

Yes I know don't worry ;) I didn't expect people to not understand but then when I reread, I did see where the confusion came from.

Skrubzy likes this.
  9. Offline

Skrubzy

By the way, the player's username shouldn't have to be case-sensitive; Minecraft only allows 1 account with the same name - not multiple accounts with the same and but with different capitalization. I explained that really poorly...

10. Offline

FireFlies

Yeah whatever is easier, someone told me it was easier to leave usernames to be cap sensitive but yeah it doesn't matter.

11. Offline

Skrubzy

Whoever codes this should probably check to make sure that the account exists on the Minecraft database - Otherwise the player would just be wasting a referral token (Or whatever you want to call it)

12. Offline

ACA30

Yeah, check on the MC database or NameMC if that is possible! :) This would be a neat plugin!

FireFlies likes this.
  13. Offline

Skrubzy

And the player who refereed someone else should probably get their "refer token" back after a week or so (If the refereed player doesn't execute the "/redeem" command)

14. Offline

MrGeneralQ

Anyone doing this already? This seems very usefull to me . I can make this if nobody else is going to?

15. Offline

Skrubzy

No one's doing it currently :) (Unless he hired someone privately or something)

16. Offline

MrGeneralQ

I do this one!

UPDATE:

Already done???

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.