Recommened Permissions Plugin?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by tanveergt5, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tanveergt5

What do you guys use? and why?
    I want to know the best and why it's the best.
    I currently use PEX, I like it and it's good at what it does, but I haven't tried anything else.

2. Offline

np98765

3. Offline

tanveergt5

4. Offline

np98765

That's odd. I've never heard someone say that bPermissions is bad -- Some people may just prefer other plugins over bPermissions. It's PermissionsEx that you'll find many issues with.

5. Offline

Necrodoom

6. [quote uid=2611 name="necrodoom" post=1464370]<Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>
    Meh, I haven't hosted a server in a while so I wouldn't know. So I take it if I did ever re-open a server Bpermissions is the way to go?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2017
  7. Offline

Necrodoom

i use GroupManager myself.

8. Personally I can't stand it.

9. Offline

tanveergt5

I dont like groupmanager from what I've heard/seen

Does Bperms have <prefix> so users can have custom prefix like Pex? and does bPerms have inheritances? if so I can switch to it

lastly any known issues ? or incompatibility? with vault, herochat etc?

10. Offline

Necrodoom

11. Offline

tanveergt5

12. Offline

Necrodoom

not sure what you mean by <prefix>, but it allows prefixes/suffixes for user or group, and inheritanced is supported. works fine with vault and herochat.
    also it doesnt have any issues with minecraft updates, unlike Bperms and PEX, and is well maintained.

13. Offline

tanveergt5

ok good so far, I meant prefixes for users
    like each user can have a different prefix ?

14. Offline

LEOcab

Permissions 2.0 <3

jk, that one's dead. It used to be top dog back in the day. As for now, I've been using PermissionsBukkit for almost a year and it's been amazing.

15. Offline

Necrodoom

yes, thats possible.

16. Offline

tanveergt5

my partner wants to use bPermissions, we dont use essentials and he doesnt plan to either he said.
    Apparently it conflicts with Worldguard,Worldedit, all of Sk89q's plugins and Vault as we use BoseEconomy?
    Should we switch to bPerms then over Pex

17. Offline

LEOcab

Essentials does what? lolwut. I've been using Essentials along with WG and WE as well as CommandHelper (another sk89q plugin) and Vault.

18. zPermissions. PEX didn't work for me, so I converted every permission to zPerms.
    But that was a lot of work so I wrote a conversion tool for it.

necrodoom bPermissions isn't the only one with PEX import anymore. :3

19. Offline

tanveergt5

I've never heard of Zperms is it new? anyways how do I convert pex to bperms ?

20. Offline

np98765

Delete PermissionsEx.jar (keep the dataFolder), install bPermissions, run permissions import pex.

21. Offline

tanveergt5

you lost me on the last part is this run permissions import pex a command or some program?

22. Offline

np98765

It's a command. You type it in the console and everything automagically imports.

23. Offline

tanveergt5

can you tell me how would I give my VIP's custom prefixes? or would you recommend another way to do that?

24. Offline

HDfunctions

np98765 Would you be able to import from GroupManager to bPermissions?

25. Offline

tanveergt5

You seem quite knowledgeable on GM, can you tell how I can import from Pex into GM ? that would save me loads of time, my pex file is over 3k lines

26. Offline

Necrodoom

youd have to manual convert, the time it takes depends on how complex is your pex file. mind pasting it?

27. Offline

tanveergt5

http://pastebin.com/CthRMZFi I have slimmed it down from 170kb to 52kb file, I'm guessing more optimization can be done and rely on inheritances more. Do you know where I could find a converter or something? I didnt make the original pex perms my friend did.

28. Offline

Necrodoom

that file is tiny. manually converting for you.

29. Offline

Zankla

I recently went from PEX to Group Manager ... the Essentials crew is always on top of things. and since PEX is having issues with 1.4.6 it was a no brainer to switch.

Group manager is a great Plugin that may have a bit of a learning curve but after you grasp it and the global stuff it really is AWESOME and very configurable to any ones needs especially if you enjoy multiple worlds

I recommend Group Manager if an permissions dummy like me can get it most people will fly through it

Additionally take advantage of the "mirror' settings in the config file for multiple worlds and nether and the end stuff and save on some typing

tanveergt5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.