Recently started a server, need some help.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by KrisEike, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KrisEike

Edit: How to i change spawn block? I tried /setspawn =/

Hello there Bukkit forum!

I recently set up a server, with no lag and stuff.. works great, and i am really happy with it!
    The problem is, i suck at this programming/server stuff xD, so.. I would need some help..
    Just going to post a list here, and if you know what is wrong, please tell me. =)
    - Can't get Vanish to work properly. It randomly turns off and to get it to work, i have to re-install it.
    - MonsterHunter just won't work, it says it's maybe outdated, but i dunno.. =P

I am just going to remove fixed things from the list, and add new stuff untill i've got it all sorted out, instead of making new threads all the time =)

Also, i need some plugins. These are what i would prefer:
    - Towny (Needed) I found a version, but doesn't seem to be updated.
    - Craftbook (prefered)
    - Some kind of teleport plugin [Stargate?] (prefered)
    - Plugin to allow me to make warps [/warp temple] (Needed)
    - The cuboid command /Highprotect, or something just as easy. (Prefered)
    - The whole cuboid plugin from hMod. (Prefered)
    - A easy /tp command. Right now, i am using for example /tp kriseike player to teleport to that player. I want it to be /tp player to teleport to a player, and /tphere player to teleport that player to me. Is this possible? =)
    - A reserved list, to make donators able to play on the server when it's full.

If anyone could help me find these plugins/make them i would be very grateful! My net is really bad, just writing this post and posting it took me about half an hour, due to my net disconnecting. Thats why i am asking for a bit of help. Finding all these would take too much time. Getting a new router soon though =)

Plugins i run now:
    - iChat
    - WorldEdit
    - WorldGuard
    - iConomy (not working though)
    - Permissions
    - Reserved-2.0.2 (Dunno if it works)
    - Vanish 1.3.4 (Messed up, as explained on top)

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Kris.
    --- merged: Feb 9, 2011 2:10 PM ---
    Found a /warp command on the forum, and it works fine, except for one thing.

When i try to warp to a warp, it disconnects me saying "Internal Error".
    I am able to /setwarp but when i warp to it, that error comes up.

Any idea what this might be?

Kris

2. Offline

chibirubara

I run a PvP survival server, with a max 20 players.
    My Bukkit versions are: Bukkit 128, and Craftbukkit 289.

Lemme first off list what i have running (Its generally safe to assume they are the latest versions of each): BorderGuard, General, Growbie, HeroChat, MinecartMania, MoveCraft, MyHome, MySignEdit, MyWarp, Permissions, SignLift, TreeHugger, Vanish, WorldEdit, WorldGuard.

Vanish doesn't seem to work 100% of the time, but i've found its generally pretty good at what it does. MyWarp should cover your warping needs, I however only use it for a single warp for my Mods and Admins to get into our adminium "Watchroom", for keeping track of the names of rule breakers. I haven't had much luck getting MonsterHunt to work with Bukkit, personally. General covers your tp and tphere commands, as well as gives some basic commands for admin, I definitely prefer it over "Essentials", due to all the command conflicts that it causes. WorldEdit takes a little getting used to, but its a powerful plugin that can replace the functionality of cuboid in many ways once you get past the learning curve. (Just make absolutely sure your normal players don't have access!)

BorderGuard is simply for stopping people from walking for hours in one direction, making the world folder overly huge. Growbie gives some new functionality to bonemeal, and makes it so you can easily multiply your flower/pumpkin/mossy cobble supply. I tried iChat, but decided to go with HeroChat instead, easier set-up perhaps? I can't exactly recall.

MinecartMania makes minecarts more of a joy to deal with, you can simply add a goldblock under your tracks to boost the speed and distance a cart will travel for example. MoveCraft allows you to build vehicles that you can control, (cars, boats, airships). Its alot of fun, but don't make them too huge, it'll drain the server of resources while in motion.

MyHome is my recommended home plugin, because of all its options and features. MySignEdit lets you add colors to your signs, (REALLY helps with visibility at night and low light situations). SignLift mimics the lifts from CraftBook, (The whole world is still waiting on that release). TreeHugger adds some new drops from trees and leaves decaying (red and gold apples, and leaves, all with definable percentages).

I've been trying out the multi-world plugins, but until a properly updated BorderGuard or the like is released, I won't be adding it into the server.

Beyond that, I won't be much help. Thats what works for me, and my situation. Hope it helps, and i'm sure you'll get the hang of it, (with alot of patience). ;) Oh, and if you need some examples of my config files or whatnot, just ask, i'd be glad to help.

3. Offline

KrisEike

Thanks for helping! I finally found the old link to this thread lying in a folder i had hidden.. xD

I've got the server working really good now, and not having too many issues. Still, thank you so much for helping. Some of those plugins WILL be implemented. =D

Kris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.