Questions about an MC server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Skullmanj03, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Skullmanj03

I've been wanting to create a MineCraft Bukkit server for awhile now, but I just never knew how to start one. I know it takes a lot of work and i'm ready to accept the challenge, but I can't do it by myself. I'm going to need some help on some different things such as creating a banner, custom plugins, I need great builders, and some help setting it all up. I'm just looking for guides or tips on how you guys/girls got started on your MineCraft Servers.

2. @Skullmanj03 Creating doesn't take much work. But adding all the features, that does.
    Banner - You can try in Offtopic but this place is more for developers not designers
    Custom plugins - You wont need custom ones 90% of the time, just do a quick google search. If there is no plugin you can use the Plugin Request section.
    Builders - You can make a post in the Post Your Bukkit Server section and try and find builders and staff while showing off the server.

Tips:
    1. Be original
    2. Follow tip 1
    3. If you want a higher chance of people joining get a domain, either custom or even a sub domain from your host. People are more likely to join a server with a domain
    4. Have trustworthy friendly staff

3. Offline

Skullmanj03

Ok cool, thanks for the help I appreciate it

I am looking to make a MineCraft server and I was trying to think of a name, but I just couldn't come up with one. I know the name is an important part in the making of a successful MC server so I wanted to choose carefully and make it catch the players eye. Any suggestions on server names would be greatly appreciated.

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
  4. Merged threads and changed title.

There is no need to make a new thread for each question, just have one thread for them all :)

5. Offline

Boomer

Tip 0: Plan to invest time learning things, spending time researching/testing - mostly, reading instructions. Dont expect it to slap together out of the box without seriously investigating what is required to make it work for you, and plan to LEARN as you go along in order to make the next steps build on what you've learned. Again, mostly reading instructions. And comprehending them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.