Problem with switching from Eclipse to IntelliJ IDEA

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by rcth, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rcth

Hello all,

I finally made the decision to switch over to a new IDE for me, IntelliJ's IDEA. So far, I really like that IDE and I create Command classes like 2-3 times as fast as I did in Eclipse.

However... I tried importing one of my plugins which was made in Eclipse to IDEA. Most of it works, except a little thing doesn't. And that little thing actually is very important.

That little important thing is the paragraph sign: §. Followed up by a letter or number, it changes to a colorcode:
    PHP:
    player.sendMessage("§3----------");
    This returns these dashes in the DARK_AQUA color. In Eclipse they worked perfect, but when I imported it into IDEA, it seemed to be gone. Instead of these awesome paragraph signs, which saves me lots of work with ChatColor, it shows me weird symbols:
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I really like using this as it saves time, but as far as I found, it seemed impossible.

2. rcth It's actually called a section symbol, a paragraph sign is something different. Also, there are benefits to using ChatColor over the raw symbol - two benefits off the top of my head is that it's easier to understand & it's safer if Mojang (for some reason) ever decide to use a different symbol than the section symbol to represent colours.

Anyway, you'll want to change the file encoding to UTF-8. No I don't know how to do this on IntelliJ, but you can Google for it.

desht likes this.
  3. Offline

fireblast709

AdamQpzm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.