Plugin Request Plugins update to 1.8

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by alexlab963, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

alexlab963

Hello i am about to update my server in 1.8 but these plugins are not functioning because of the version can some one update them?
    - Crates reloaded http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/crate-reloaded/
    - playercount message <Edit by Timtower: All rights reserved, update not allowed without permission>
    - partycraft <Edit by Timtower: All rights reserved, update not allowed without permission> (or make a plugin that has only one command and one variable. The command is /vote everyone can use it and the variable is %votes% or something and in the config you can set a message to display for the /vote command and the amounts of total votes .what actually %votes% does is showing how many vote left to reach the specified amount like party craft ex. i have set 100 votes in the config the plugin counts all the votes until 100 then it resets and send a message to an op that says that the vote amount has been reached)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Offline

MisterErwin

@alexlab963 Just a friendly remember: There is no official 1.8 - but before a mod cleans this up:

As for crates reloaded: I can't see any version dependent stuff - you might want to check again if it isn't working.

And otherwise: Crates reloaded uses a BSD license, so we could modify/fork it

But for the others: I have no idea if we are allowed to modify an "All rights reserved" project, but I'm guessing, we are not ;)

3. Offline

alexlab963

@MisterErwin You are right about the "all right reserved" but no mod is going to clean this up because it is the alternatives section.

MisterErwin likes this.
  4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@alexlab963 Bukkit alternatives, that doesn't count for plugins, contact the developers instead.

5. Offline

alexlab963

@timtower I already did when you told me to about 3-4 days ago.no response yet.I really need these plugins until saturday

6. Offline

@alexlab963 Still, to update All rights reserved you need the permissions of the original developer

7. Offline

alexlab963

@timtower Okay then i will wait.But crate realoed is not all right reserved it is BSD licence(i dont know what this is)
    for me its the most important i would apreaciate it if someone could update it :)

8. Offline

You can read the details about the license when you click it.
    BSD means that you can distribute and modify it as long as you keep the same license. So that one is allowed. ( reason that I didn't remove the link )

9. Offline

alexlab963

10. Offline

alexlab963

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.