Plugin Support and its issues

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by unimatrix, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TechNinja

You already said you did not know all the facts and the details, and you are responding to two people who were actually there for the said events.
    It is quite obvious he did not do what he claims, because all of the information required to help himself for one of his particulars issues is available in the forums and wiki.

You have neglected the facts and truth I have stated because of the snide remarks I have made, talk about Ad hominem.

Again I say, I am not a developer nor am I connected to the plugins in any manner, other than that I occasionally help people where I can. I was merely present for all of these interactions.

The only person drawing "absurdly wrong conclusions" is you.

2. Offline

Sleaker

No the wiki didn't have the information listed in one of his questions. He asked the said question and was promptly answered, although he claims otherwise:

Short to the point and within 1 minute. I don't see what all this hubub about not getting a question answered is.

3. Offline

Afforess

Ah, see, context changes everything.

4. Offline

unimatrix Bukkit Sponsor

That was after i figured it out myself that i mentioned it in channel and the wiki didnt have it. So yes i got an answer to my Q in one minute the 3rd time i mentioned it

And still to this day if an user executes a cmd it doesnt change until he logs out and in . Even when removing Pex as permission system and using bukkit superperms ( dinnerbones thing ) . so yes it must be pex causing it.

and the fact none of any other plugin i have has an issue with pex doesnt make me believe its pex causing it as im quite sure it isnt.

Eventualy the dev's of the plugin found the problem but first they blamed my config , then the perm system i have. Eventualy they said it would be fixed next RB. But after i insisted and lead up to all of this.

I didnt make this thread to attack the plugin as i have clearly stated. But to some of the sentiment (clearly proven by some statements here ) that plugin devs have. I understand that they do this freely of charge but thats no excuse to treat people a certain way.

PS : I give tech support for a bukkit plugin and loads of times its listed on its wiki but i still explain it to them. Its not until you understand where you made a mistake you will learn from it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.