Plugin Request to adjust the Server Viewdistance

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Amxsc, May 28, 2014.

1. Offline

Amxsc

I have been running a server for some time now and normally I see between 20 and 40 people logged on, but lately on the weekends the number of people has increased to about 80 to 120 people. The problem I'm having is that with 120 people my TPS is very low when my view distance is set to 10. When I reduce the view distance to 9, 8 or 7 it improves more and more, and when I set it to 6 I'm back at a TPS of 20. This is fine but when only 20 people are logged on I would like to use a view distance of 10, because most of the time during the week only 20 people are logged on and with 20 people logged on and the view distance of 10 my TPS is also 20. This problem only happens on the weekends when my server is busy.

I have also tried all the anti lag plugin that I could find and even set the world to peaceful to remove all hostile mobs and it does help but this doesn't fix the problem my server has.

So what I'm looking for is a plugin command for me and my ops like:

/setviewdistance {some number}

It would also be nice feature if it had some type of configuration file also that has some way for automatically setting the server view distance based on how many people are logged on.

Thanks in advance.
    Amxsc