Solved [Plugin] Disabling fly on a per world basis

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by whaling, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

whaling

I'd like to disable fly for my pvp worlds only. I have tried using NoCheatPlus to do this, but it doesn't work as I'd like. It enables/disables fly based on which world the player logs in on (and whether or not fly is disabled there or not). This might be because NoCheatPlus hasn't been updated in a while. Until it's updated it'd be nice to have a way to do what I want.

Is there a more specific plugin that can help me, or might I be doing something wrong with NCP? (Not really sure what sort of information I should give here, but ask and I shall provide.)

2. Offline

imaxorz

You can still do this with NoCheatPlus

In every world give players these permissions:
    - nocheatplus.mods.cjb.fly

- nocheatplus.mods.zombe.fly
    - nocheatplus.checks.moving.runfly

Then in PvP world give them these only.
    - nocheatplus.mods.cjb.fly

- nocheatplus.mods.zombe.fly

This will work :)

3. Offline

whaling

I'll give that a go. Pity there's no way to disable plugins on a per world basis then. Still, this is far better than nothing at all :)

4. Offline

imaxorz

Yeah I am not sure why it acts funny when you don't give the bypass nodes for all worlds.

5. Offline

whaling

Just had a test now and it works. Thanks for your help :)

I did it slightly differently by using global groups and a negative permission for the pvp world.

One thing I should mention for anyone else who reads this (it's always a possibility!). Don't forget to set 'allowflyingalways: false' in the NCP config.yml.

6. Offline

VolumetricSteve

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm having a problem with exactly this. The problem for me is that I can't find the config.yml file everything seems to point to. I run my server with the plugin, it loads and works, but I can't find it's config file. It doesn't make its own folder in my plugins directory like everything else does either, which seems odd. Am I doing something stupid? Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.